Rail Gun Plans

wadebrown

Hello,
I had a rail gun lined up for purchase for supporting a new wind estimation setup similar in features to the OneShot program, but found in a weird phone call today that had fallen through. A rail gun will be used for high accuracy shooting when testing and evaluating the system. The wind estimation system if effective will be used to help scout sniper and other military shooting teams more effectively achieve their tasks.

We are in need of a rail gun and given the long lead times of rail guns it looks like we may have to build one and even though I shoot a lot I have not seen rail gums in action and was looking for plans to build one. I saw the MacCluskey (sp??) sold the plans before passing ant ofuld like to find a copy of these plans to buy. Doee anyone have a copy of the MacCluskey or other plans for a rail gun.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

wade

Have you checked to see if there are any used ones for sale? There are 3 or4 places that sale used bench rest guns. Max

It's just a matter of scale -- here is an "almost rail" in .300 Ackley

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...ets-new-ibs-1000-yard-heavy-gun-world-record/

Imagine that it used carbide balls & steel rails instead of sandbags, and weighed 100 pounds more that the 80 or so it does weigh. Those two changes would make it a rail, & capable of shooting a .338 Lapua. I suppose some would insist on a one-piece base, but once set up, it returns to battery, even with the two pieces. & if you insist, making a one-piece base isn't *that* much more work.

I've shot this rifle. It returns to battery about 80% of the time. When it does not, it is because of the sandbags.

Don't know if you got my voice mail or not, but the barreled action is ready for pickup.

Thanks for the blazing fast service. I just got back from some minor ankle surgery and will try to pick it up early this coming week.

wade

Is there any rail gun plans available that a fella could look at if he were interested in building one? If so i really would like to have a set of the plans. can anyone help? Lee

Back