Qwestion For Tuner Users

The way i like to look at a tuner is- you cant make a barrel shoot better but you can damn sure make it shoot worse with a tuner. It gives you wider tuning windows but you need to learn how to actually tune first. You cant just throw any load in there and tune it with a tuner. It makes a well tuned load more forgiving. I dont recommend them for a newbie until they can reliably keep a rifle in tune without it- but thats just me. Contrary to what you read everybody doesnt use a tuner and sort bullets and weigh powder to the 3rd digit. The keyboard shooters are very well equipped.

Proof is always on paper For me!

If I attempt to try a tuner it will be a ways down the road. I'm working on a new hunter rifle for score shooting at this time.

was at range last two days playing with new labradar. with my VFS rifles had a couple occasional flyers I had to figure out....found my problem today two pieces brass had too thick of necks.

When It all comes down to it Wilbur said it the best "How Does It Shoot?"

Russ

Yep! second time around same two were flyers again.

Could not find cause until I seated bullets again. {30BR .330 neck} First case .3298 second case .3295 too tight.
Good cases .3280 give or take a few tenths.

Neat thing was I caught them on the labradar did not show any velocity difference from the good cases.

Russ

Yep! second time around same two were flyers again.

Could not find cause until I seated bullets again. {30BR .330 neck} First case .3298 second case .3295 too tight.
Good cases .3280 give or take a few tenths.

Neat thing was I caught them on the labradar did not show any velocity difference from the good cases.

Russ

What does your chamber neck ACTUALLY measure?

.3306 with cerrosafe not the most accurate way but cheaper than deltronic pins..

Here what the little trouble makers look like on paper.

Top row 2 flyers marked cases with x

Second row two flyers!

DSCN0487.JPG

Back