Question on lube

hayscott

Just wondering what type of lube you folks are using on your rails, I use Silicone oil, I was running a Unlimited club match last month and was keeping very busy running targets along with trying to shoot, reload and clean! Trying to save time I was only cleaning every other group, (5 shot matches) and cleaning the gun on the base, on the bench. My groups kept getting bigger throughout the day and i assumed that I was out of tune and kept changing loads and seating. Second to the last match I took the top off and oiled the balls and rails. Won Small group... evidently my rails got dry even though it seemed to track just fine. I’m wondering if there is maybe a better lube out there that lasts longer? Most important thing i learned was taking shortcuts very seldom pay off in the end, at least I learned it at a club match and not a registered match way out of town!

Thanks
Scott

Ballistol. I see a hot new lube on accurate shooter, hobo oil. Supposed to be the hummin $hits.....

Later
Dave

Hobo oil

Just wondering what type of lube you folks are using on your rails, I use Silicone oil, I was running a Unlimited club match last month and was keeping very busy running targets along with trying to shoot, reload and clean! Trying to save time I was only cleaning every other group, (5 shot matches) and cleaning the gun on the base, on the bench. My groups kept getting bigger throughout the day and i assumed that I was out of tune and kept changing loads and seating. Second to the last match I took the top off and oiled the balls and rails. Won Small group... evidently my rails got dry even though it seemed to track just fine. I’m wondering if there is maybe a better lube out there that lasts longer? Most important thing i learned was taking shortcuts very seldom pay off in the end, at least I learned it at a club match and not a registered match way out of town!

Thanks
Scott

IF you are interested, my hobo oil is pretty darn good! go to accurate shooter and put hobo oil in the search field and take a read. if you want some just pm here or there! thanks, bryant

Long time ago

Many many yrs ago hobo camt my house with small peck basket with pencils shoe strings loohing for handout had not heard that inlong time billb

Must be good stuff Bart sells it on his site now.

Not really, he's just endorsing it. I sent a note to the email he listed though - no response to my PM here. (Which I can understand - I'd ignored a half a dozen messages before realizing I had PM's...)

GsT

I had the same trouble as GeneT but I set all the PM items to "yes" in the general settings. Of course, I just about had to do that being the moderator of sorts but I don't miss many this way.... If I seem to miss a PM it's because I deleted the email and forgot to read the PM.

I don’t think it matters what you use. I’ve used whatever is handy on mine. You have plenty of time to wipe the three contacts and relube between matches. The top moves four or five inches and back again 15-20 times. We’re complicating a simple function.

Rail lube

Thanks
Scott

SCOTT MY RAIL IS, LIKE ME,AN OLDER MODEL BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT STP OIL TREATMENT WITH A LITTLE WINS FRICTION PROOFING WORKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE TRIED. :cool:

Back