Question for Wilbur

Boyd Allen

I think that the majority of the time that someone posts a link to an attachment, and I click on the link, I get a screen that says that the attachment is invalid. Why is this? This seems to be pretty common.

Boyd

See if this will do it:

When I click on it, I get a Christmas ornament. Do you?

View attachment 13002

Attachments

• cbt1.jpg
    cbt1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope.....

VBulletin gives me:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

cale

From "Quick Reply" I clicked on the "insert Image" icon. Then I selected the file on my computer to upload. Looks good to me.

Maybe Wilbur can sort it out,

Jim

View attachment 13003
I can see this Lee Six scope ring. Can you? Could it be that I am looking at the image from my own hard drive, and not the server? Let me know if you can see a picture. I used the icon and selected an image from my computer to upload.

Added later: I came back to modify this message, clicked on manage attachments, and saw that apparently the file had uploaded, so I dragged it into the lower pane and used the button to the right of that it to insert the picture in line. Can you see the image in the post ? It is the image that I tried to post a link for the first time.

Attachments

• test pics.jpg
    test pics.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I get the Vbulletin message:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Yeah, it's there now. I tried it on the one I posted and get the same results you did.

Walked into the other room and tried my link from the laptop that my wife uses...no picture (invalid attachment). What I am seeing on this one must be from my own hard drive. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

Added a bit later: Check out my previous post. Can you see the picture, has the functionality of the link changed?

Last edited:
I think it might be misunderstanding of the procedure.

You select your image on the PC, upload it to Wilbur's site, then select that image from the library you've already uploaded & install that in the message.

Boyd, I can see a thumbnail, but I can't read Attachment 13003.

So...

...once I've uploaded an image, I can access it and put it in any post?

Certainly seems that way. Inserting an image in "Quick Reply" mode, just won't do it. Thanks, John.

Jim

Attachments

• cbt1.jpg
    cbt1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 141
So...we have learned that if one wants to successfully post a picture, that "Post Quick Reply" is not the way to go. At this point I will "Go Advanced" and do as I did in the post where I have both a failed link and an in line picture. This is what the link was supposed to open.

B&W.jpg

Back