Question About NightForce Optics

antelopedundee

internet bum
For those of you in the know more than myself are Nightforce scopes used more by target shooters, benchresters, hunting crowd or long range shooters? What types of shooters do Nightforce products appeal to the most? Thanks in advance if you have any comments that you'd be willing to share either here or by private message.

If you were a dealer and had to buy at least $50K worth what models would you stock that have the best chance of selling in a reasonable amount of time whatever that might be to you.

Last edited:
the cost keeps the average hunter out, but they make and sell great scopes across the line, and on top of that scopes the us mil is using on sniper rifles.
i had the latest and greatest 7-35x actar...it SUCKED only scope i sold based on poor performance.
with my eyes it was very inconsistent, the older 5,5-22x shot better, the y checked and said it was fine, sold it and bought a 4.8-40
i have a stack of the target scopes, 12-42 and 15-55, with a 5.5-22 x56 and one in 5.5x22x50.

I have 2 of the older NXC 8-32s that I use for informal bipod competitions and on a groundhog rifle. I've looked at the newer ones like the ATACR but they are too big and busy for my liking.

I'd say most of the Nightforce products are designed for the tactical, PRS, NRL, hunter rolls. Their claim to fame is being rugged and continuing to work.

I have a couple ATACR and a NXS model.

and WOW...
you completely ignored the benchrest people...100/200/300, 600 and 1000 yards, and the military.

I'd say most of the Nightforce products are designed for the tactical, PRS, NRL, hunter rolls. Their claim to fame is being rugged and continuing to work.

I have a couple ATACR and a NXS model.

For those of you in the know more than myself are Nightforce scopes used more by target shooters, benchresters, hunting crowd or long range shooters? What types of shooters do Nightforce products appeal to the most? Thanks in advance if you have any comments that you'd be willing to share either here or by private message.

If you were a dealer and had to buy at least $50K worth what models would you stock that have the best chance of selling in a reasonable amount of time whatever that might be to you.

I can't really say who do they appeal to, but my NXS 5.5 I've got years ago is still one of the better scopes I've had(mostly been shooting .45 ACP ammo PCC with it). They are definitely on higher-end of the budget though.

Regarding what models would sell - tough to say without actual stats from NF, most of the people I know who actually bought those were getting either SHV or NXS series, so probably safer to go with those.

Last edited:
and WOW...
you completely ignored the benchrest people...100/200/300, 600 and 1000 yards, and the military.

If you are shooting competitive benchrest then you will be governed by a weight limit. Most high mag Nightforce scopes are over 2lbs so not always the first choice for a Light Gun.

The BR series 12-42X56's with the NP2DD reticle are very popular with IBS/NBRSA VFS shooters. Excellent optics and reliable 1/8" adjustments. Availability of late has been problematic.

Good shootin' -Al

The BR series 12-42X56's with the NP2DD reticle are very popular with IBS/NBRSA VFS shooters. Excellent optics and reliable 1/8" adjustments. Availability of late has been problematic.

Good shootin' -Al

In my opinion, there aint a better benchrest scope available if you can work with the weight, which usually isn't a problem for a HV score gun.

If you are shooting competitive benchrest then you will be governed by a weight limit. Most high mag Nightforce scopes are over 2lbs so not always the first choice for a Light Gun.
yes but//they made a fixed 42 just for us..yes i have one on my lite gun
and a 3 lb scope on my heavy gun.(not nf)

NF Competition Scope

At the 2022 IBS 600 yard Nationals last fall in Lakeland, TN 73 of the 99 competitors (74%) in the light gun used a NF 15-55 Competition Scope. That's good enough for me.

Back