PSL Scores

protests

Any time you have money involved as the prize you will get more protests or rescores. It would be less if there was a larger protest fee or fee period.
MHO
Larry Burchfield

I believe Tony is 72. Both disciplines are different. I've not seen any rimfire person win at centerfire either. If I thought I could do better in rimfire, I would sell my centerfires and buy a rimfire.
Butch

Last edited:
I believe it is more about having the right combination on that particular day at the barn.

You may have the most killer combination out doors and you get to the barn and cant do crap with it. The opposite is also true....What works one event at the barn may not work at all the next time.

Charlie
[/I]
In my rifles what works at 9 am dosen't work at noon and neither works at 5pm! In other words I don't have a "Barn" rifle but I'm working on it.

Al Kunard

Fifty-eight protest out of 276 targets shot. That is more than one protest for each five targets shot. Does anyone else think that is a bit excessive? At our local club we have very few protest and nearly all of them are obviously mistakes that result in a change of score.

What gives?

Concho Bill

Bill,

At $2.00 per protest, our clubs up here make good money on some days. I always say that if I can't hit tens, maybe I can buy some.:D The bigger the match the more protests you'll see. All part of the game. BTW, you do check the arithmetic on your targets every time don't you? Shooters responsibility to make sure it's added right, to include X count.

Ken

Less rather than more

Since a shooter can only protest his own target, there are less protests, than you would have if it were like IR50/50 or RBA. Dan made the right choice of limiting protests. ARA has no protest fee.

Last edited:
Opinions are just that, opinions, but for me I think a shooter should be able to contest any bull, on any target. But, that's just my opinion.
I did notice they changed two scores on targets that were protested. What if, just what if one of those changes made the difference in winning the match and losing it. And what if you had a 500 side bet on that target;)

Must be a very hectic day today at the PSL, looks like we might not have results till the end.

Charlie

Thanks for the update Joe.
Talked to Brian last night, looks like he will get some lapua congency money in addition to his winnings.

PSL top 10

Sorry so late. I'm having issues with posting today. Here is the top 10. More to be posted when we get home on Tuesday.
1 Garry Cox
2 Fred Leeds
3 Brian Brandt
4 Wendell Dean
5 Darin Roush
6 Todd Wootec
7 Tim Miller
8 Wilten Burnett
9.Craig Young
10. Dennis Drake

Congrats gentlemen! Thanks Lapua and Shotmaster 10X!

Most well organized match I've ever been to. The computerized scoring, very cool. Dan puts on a good show. If this is any indicator the ARA run by Dan should be one of the finest shooting organizations out there. Hope all the yankees made it home safe in this snow.

Unofficial Results

Below are the UNOFFICIAL Results but they are close.
Dan will post the Official Results when he gets home.
Great Match and All were impressed with the new Target Scoring Program.
~
PSL-Feb-2010.gif

Dan and Dawn,
The 2270 views of this post in around 36 hours just goes to show you the interest and possibilities that the PSL has. Congrats!

John M. Carper

thanks Doug for posting scores

Doug, thanks for posting scores. We are still driving... I think we are in Missippi at the moment. I hope everyone had a great time at the PSL shoot. More info and equipment list will be posted tomorrow night.

Back