Progress Report

Although it has been a few days since the reorganization and selection of directors, I thought it would be good idea to let shooters know what has taken place.

The directors have exchanged contact information, a private internet forum has been set up just for communication and conversations between directors if need be.

I feel as we begin our conversations, we will come up with our "to do list" and the order that it needs to be done. Personally, I would rather spend a little more time to get it headed in the right direction than rush and have to go back and fix things.

All in all, my personal goal is to be open minded with the other directors towards working together to do the best we can to create a shooter friendly organization, grow the sport, and keeping politics and conflict to the absolute minimum, while maximizing the fun.

Regards,
Joe

If it ain't broke don't fix it !

I am in total agreement with Joe. We must first organize and structure this Board in order keep us moving forward. To have guidelines and procedures in place that will allow for well thought out decisions to be made, if required. The local club officers and match directors should be a source of feed back gathered at the club level from the members.

I believe that shoulder to shoulder is where the action is........ Club, Regional and National Events. The Postal Element of our sport has brought us together and presents an image of
a larger group where competitors can see results, though not directly comparable, that reflect a variety of conditions. Though some of us will not have the opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with the best, we can know them and compare our progress based on averages in groups of scores, throwing out the worst conditions.

Bob Zimmerman

Couldn't have said it any better than that, Joe. I hope we can build on what Steve and the other founders of USARB started and make Air Rifle Benchrest even more enjoyable than it already is.
Todd

I am in total agreement with Joe. We must first organize and structure this Board in order keep us moving forward. To have guidelines and procedures in place that will allow for well thought out decisions to be made, if required. The local club officers and match directors should be a source of feed back gathered at the club level from the members.

I believe that shoulder to shoulder is where the action is........ Club, Regional and National Events. The Postal Element of our sport has brought us together and presents an image of
a larger group where competitors can see results, though not directly comparable, that reflect a variety of conditions. Though some of us will not have the opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with the best, we can know them and compare our progress based on averages in groups of scores, throwing out the worst conditions.
Bob Zimmerman

I would not want to assume that we could tell you guys how to do things .... but I like what the dedicated guys over here did ....... Top shot for the day score 100%, all other scores then become a percentage relative to that score ................. then it becomes more or less possible to compare scores over various events under various conditions etc.

Still there will always be non-comparables but I think this system allow for some sort of equalisation ......

Maybe speak to Gert or Paul ...... I know they are also members here. They will be able to give you much more info then me.

OH ... Good luck with the new direction etc. We all over the world need to grow the sport and keep it healthy for our kids one day .... hopefully.

I believe that shoulder to shoulder is where the action is........ Club, Regional and National Events. The Postal Element of our sport has brought us together and presents an image of a larger group where competitors can see results, though not directly comparable, that reflect a variety of conditions. Though some of us will not have the opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with the best, we can know them and compare our progress based on averages in groups of scores, throwing out the worst conditions.

Bob Zimmerman

100% agree Bob.

Again, none of my business, but the USARBR does seem to have been passed into safe hands, which bodes well for the future.

Brian

Back