Problem with a Burris.

M

murphy

Please don't take this the wrong way as I like Burris scopes and would not wish to hurt their reputation but I think I need to share this story because of a few fundamental errors made by myself. Bought a Burris Fullfield 2 4.5 to 14 x42 about 3 years ago from a whole saler who no longer exists. Now the scope has died and I can't even find the receipt. If I had purchased from a regular gun shop, would just give the scope to the local rep and they would arrange to have it fixed. Now I live in Australia, so will have to post the darn thing back to Burris in the US. if they will accept it. So take it from a fool like me hang on to your receipts and buy from a regular shop even if it costs a bit more. Has anyone else had trouble with internal lense coating going milky on a Burris?:mad:

have 10

I have ten burris scopes one is a 4-14x40 has done a fine job for me on real hard hitting rifles 7stw 300wm. I think burris is good about warranty.

To the hippy77

I like the Burris Fullfield 2 a Lot, Mine too has had a fairly hard life, first on a 6lb 308, then on a 300Win Mag then on a 303 British. I don't think I have shaken it to pieces, but if you turn it around and look back through the objective bell there is a lense inside that looks like it has bubbles on it. :D

Burris

Burris accepted one that I sent in for a friend whose English isn't good on 3Jan09. No warranty was filled out. I haven't heard a word but I'm patient. It hardly seems practical to send it in from Oz but I know you guys are pretty much on your own. Good luck, guy

Murphy,

They'll take care of it for you. You don't need to buy the scope from a retailer. Generally, even if you buy the scope used the lifetime warranty is good.

Send Burris an email so they'll be expecting the scope. I would bet they'll treat you better than you expect! :)

Dan

Sent an 8-32 signature back a few years ago . It was fixed and returned , no warranty card filled out on it either. Burris is good on the warranty .:D

burris

i only have one burris. i bought it new at a gun show a long time age, carried it in the pick up alot. it was mounted on a b78 in 6mm. one day i noticed the cross hair was broken. i took it off and several more years went by. one day i was going through some stuff and i ran across this scope. i called burris and told them what happened and they said no problem just send it in. idid and in less than 3 wks i had it back, new lens covers, new crosshairs, same as new scope. all this and no hassel. burris has a good warranty md5200

I had my burris 10X for 26 years, crosshair broke a while back. Sent it back to them, they fixed, cleaned and repackaged my scope just like new under the forever warrantee. No questions asked. Not sure if you can get better service than that.

I bought a new Burris FFII 3-9x40 a couple years ago and I could not get my .243 to group better than a pie plate @ 100 yards. I did everything to the gun without questioning the scope. Lastly, I tried and different scope which told the tale. I contacted Burris stating the scope would not hold POI and they told me to send it in. I sent it back with no receipt and they fixed it free of charge and had it back to me within a week. I consider that good service but wished I didn't have to send it back. I'm leery of Burris scopes now and won't give Burris a second look.

Getting a bit worried.

It's reasurring to hear the good reports about Burris warranty service. Yes I did fillout the warranty card when I purchased the scope and sent them an email 8 days ago but have not recieved a reply. Maybe my email got lost in hyberspace so sent them another one today, am getting a little bit anxious, but when I finally do hear from them am sure that it will be good news. :confused:

Back