Primers in stock here

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
My local shop had a little over 50,000 CCI #41 small rifle primers in stock today. The #41's are a Mil Spec (hard cup) small rifle primer that a lot of AR guys use. They also work well in any bolt gun with adequate pin travel and at least 20 lbs. of spring.

They also had WW748, WW760, H322, H380, AA2015, AA2230, AA2520 and a good number of pistol powders in stock.

Good shootin'. -Al

KPzEA7Pl.jpg

They were available on line at biding sites and they STARTED at $50. Some went for $ 75+.

Mort

i have tried them in my ar's. very poor in the accuracy game.
function ok, blasting ok, little other use

This likely the new price

going forward and probably what this "Shortage" is all about. Prices never seem to go down once makers see what people will pay for things. Just look at freight rates, for instance.

Pete

i have tried them in my ar's. very poor in the accuracy game.
function ok, blasting ok, little other use

Used 'em before in the .17 Javelina, 17 Remington and 22BR (all Rem 700's).

Accuracy was the same as the Rem 7.5 and Fed 205M. -Al

A local dealer

has Varget on his shelf. I called him a month ago and asked if he had any Varget. He said he had some coming in the next day. I went over the next day. It was $59.95 per pound. I had paid $39.95 per pound in October in Maine for it but would not pay $60 for it. it's still on his shelf.

Pete

Used 'em before in the .17 Javelina, 17 Remington and 22BR (all Rem 700's).

Accuracy was the same as the Rem 7.5 and Fed 205M. -Al

Al, I think I will give these a try. If you are down that way again I'm in for 2000. Do you still have my address?

Mort

If the store ships I can order from them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks, Al. The other thought I had was the hazard fee the store would charge if they did ship. Could raise the price considerably. If the opportunity comes around again I would be interested in 1000 just to try. If not no problem. I'm sure you have better things to do.

Mort

CCI #500 small pistol primers on the shelves here today. Limit was 1,000 per customer, per day. Late afternoon there were still a bit over 30,000 remaining. Price was $41.99/1000.

Good shootin'. -Al

Back