Primer Availability

message from wolf

this is the message i got back from wolf ammo when i asked about primers. email date is 6-22-09

"Dear Gary,

All of our distributors are out of stock right now on our primers and probably will be for a while; we have been and will continue to send out shipments to them. The next primer shipment will be going out to our distributors in July. The demand is so great that they are trying to fulfill all their back orders. We recommend placing yourself on a back order list in order to try and receive some."

Gentlemen ...

I just got off the line with CCI. As of this date 6/23/09, CCI BR4 primers are still on hold and not being produced. :(

Federal Primers availability at PV

At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available. Once we begin receiving more primers from the manufacturers and are able to begin filling current backorders we will update the website.

I found this posted on the website this morning, thats a lotta primers.

Last edited:
That's been on their website for a long time. I think I fall somewhere around the 40 million mark....:p Got plenty to hold me for another year so I figured, get in line and wait.

Hovis

That's

At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available. Once we begin receiving more primers from the manufacturers and are able to begin filling current backorders we will update the website.

I found this posted on the website this morning, thats a lotta primers.

10,000 boxes of 5000 primers each! Wow. Then again it reminds me of the wood pellet situation we had last Fall and Winter. EVERYONE was buying pellet stoves with the prospect of $4 a gallon oil. EVERYONE was trying to find pellets and tons of people got on 4 or more "waiting lists". That inflated the number of people apparently looking for product because they were on more than one list. When the got their order filled they just forgot about being on other lists and were still counted. Probably the same thing is going on with primers. My guess is that sooner or later some dealers are going to have a LOT of primers for sale!

Last edited:
Francis...

"currently have over 50 million primers on backorder"

At least 50 million.

By then so many will be tired of the wait and will have removed themselves from the list of shooters by selling all their rifles, than you and I won't have anything to worry about.

you're way too pesimistic today. UOK?

Primer shortage?

I don't seem to have any trouble getting primers. ;)

They hand deliver I'll bet!!!

Primers are rare he in Michigan. All the venders I talk too, say the same thing. They either can't get them or when we do they are gobbled up immediately.

I've been to Alpena( went there today actually) and down to Detroit and over on the west side. All the same. Business is good for CCI, Federal, Remington and Olin.

But then again... You guys can take up Shotgunning!!!!:eek: No Primer shortage their. Skeet anyone??? Just remember to follow threw with your shot.

My Federal 205 primer back order, due to ship from Cabela's on June 30th, has now been pushed back one month to July 31st. What else is new ??? :rolleyes: I wonder what's going to happen at the end of July ???

Primer availability

You have to love the games being played
Yes they are working 24/7 making powder component,s and loaded ammo.
Guess who for? We are arming a few countrys Can yo guess which one's.
We are chicken feed compaired to the military orders. Once they are filled we may get some.
Lake city {federal} is working 24/7 and Winchester has received a large order for several million dollars for small arms ammo.
Now guess who come first?' P s federal is part of the same group as CCI.
That leaves Remington. That's any ones guess.
Even the wolf brand primers have dried up . Bet those commie primers are loading 7/62 x39 for the other sides. It's a mess. Look for some next year if we are lucky. Some special places may have some old stock laying around. I have been told this month or august . It's hard to believe.

Gerry ...

You have to love the games being played
Yes they are working 24/7 making powder component,s and loaded ammo.
Guess who for? We are arming a few countrys Can yo guess which one's.
We are chicken feed compaired to the military orders. Once they are filled we may get some.
Lake city {federal} is working 24/7 and Winchester has received a large order for several million dollars for small arms ammo.
Now guess who come first?' P s federal is part of the same group as CCI.
That leaves Remington. That's any ones guess.
Even the wolf brand primers have dried up . Bet those commie primers are loading 7/62 x39 for the other sides. It's a mess. Look for some next year if we are lucky. Some special places may have some old stock laying around. I have been told this month or august . It's hard to believe.

Having spent 40 years in the logistics business I can tell you there are no games being played here. It's called Supply and Demand. Right now, regardless of the catalyst, there is much more Demand than Supply. It's that simple. When Demand subsides Supply will return. No conspiracies, no hidden agendas, no dire Washingtonian policies; just a Supply/Demand Imbalance that will eventually adjust itself. Hang in there! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back