Prices of handguns are amazing . . . .

you can make arrangements with a ffl holder, generally $20 deal with www.czcustom.com pistols are on sale now some including free shipping. when you go to the cz custom site click the on the heading cz factory pistols it is in the left collumn. they are the best prices I've seen for high quality hand guns. in addition I have owned a taurus 92fs and it is every bit as accurate as the berreta 92. neither can compare to the cz.

you can make arrangements with a ffl holder, generally $20 deal with www.czcustom.com pistols are on sale now some including free shipping. when you go to the cz custom site click the on the heading cz factory pistols it is in the left collumn. they are the best prices I've seen for high quality hand guns. in addition I have owned a taurus 92fs and it is every bit as accurate as the berreta 92. neither can compare to the cz.

I'll second that,

CZ's have been holding down a sizable chunk of the racegun market for at least 15yrs here on the leftcoast.

They certainly seem to be fair bang for the buck.

al

I too was surprised at handgun costs, but there can be good deals out there. I have a CZ 75B single action 9mm, and for little more than $500, it is very good. Then I spent twice that on a Dan Wesson 1911 45, and it is widely regarded as a very good value. It IS very high quality and well built, with parts in it that many others buy as aftermarket improvement items. It is also exceptionally accurate. Smith and Wesson seems quite high to me, and frankly, I like Ruger just as much, and it is cheaper. And very durable.

I recently shot a S&W 50 caliber. Nice gun, hits hard, and draws lots of attention. Pricey, but little else like it.

- Phil

Smith and Wesson seems quite high to me, and frankly, I like Ruger just as much, and it is cheaper. And very durable.

I'm currently shopping for a snub nose 38 for my wife.

I went into several gun stores last weekend and "clicked" a number of snub nose 38s with permission of the shop owners.

There were several brands involved. Of all of them, the smoothest double action pull was the Ruger LCR.

As the man says, above, Rugers are also somewhat more inexpensive than the S&W.

Since the pistol I am shopping for will be hammerless, the double action smoothness becomes very important.

I was shopping for a handgun for my wife today. Went to several gun stores in the area. I looked at quite a few handguns, and was given the 2009 Smith & Wesson complete catalog.

I was shocked and amazed at the prices.
Opinions welcome--

It depends on what your wife will be using the handgun for. If you just want something to practice with or for plinking, then the Taurus would be fine. If she wants a handgun to protect herself, then why would you go the cheap route? Buy a Smith & Wesson, the few dollars you save would not be worth it when push comes to shove and that copy of a Smith & Wesson fails to deliver.

If she wants a handgun to protect herself, then why would you go the cheap route?

Great Point !
When I buy something for my self I buy the best possible unit I can afford. For my wifes protection I would think the same way. In fact sometimes for her birthday etc. I buy her gifts I really like (and frequently end up using)

Dick

Montana Pete,
I don't know which part of Wisconsin you are from, but Ahlman's in Morristown, MN sent out a flyer a few weeks ago. They have some police trade-ins that are .38 Smith & Wesson Snubbies. I've bought some of these in the past and usually they are in great shape mechanically with some wear on the grips and bluing. Most of these were carried a lot and shot very little. The prices are very low compared to new. Here's their website:

www.ahlmans.com

Back