Precision Shooting

I just heard that the Precision Shooting Reloading Guide is listed on Amazon for $500 and up! What could possibly make them worth anywhere near that. The top asking price is $3000. The Benchrest Shooting Primer is starting around $45 which makes a lot more sense. Does anyone know what old Precision Shooting magazines are going for? I'm just curious.

For practical purposes, you can find a load for most any cartridge on the internet. Folks aren't buying or selling those for the content but rather a collector's item...and I wish them well.

They're not worth anywhere near that. There's a whole business of finding anything that's out of print on Amazon and listing it at ludicrous prices. I suspect some of the higher listings are the same seller making the lowest absurd price look like it's moderate. They must sell enough to make some money at it. If you look around you can probably find the PS guide elsewhere for a much more modest price. Most recent example I've seen: Berger reloading manual $111 (https://www.amazon.com/Berger-11111-1st-Manual-Applicable/dp/0615637620/). or $29 at Applied Ballistics: (http://store.appliedballisticsllc.com/product_p/11111.htm).

GsT

Isn't Berger and Applied Ballistics one and the same now with the addition of Brian Litz?

They have Litz in common, but they are different companies. Berger employs Litz as a ballistician and Applied Ballistics is Litz' company. Doesn't matter in either case with regards to the topic - the point being that someone wants a great deal for something on Amazon and it can be had reasonably elsewhere.

GsT

It's a wonder some of those out of print books that Precision Shooting and some other companies put out aren't available in pdf format.

What are the legalities of reproducing the PS reloading manual now that PS don't exist anymore?

Ian

It's a wonder some of those out of print books that Precision Shooting and some other companies put out aren't available in pdf format.

What are the legalities of reproducing the PS reloading manual now that PS don't exist anymore?

Ian

Copyright still works.

Ever read the copyright notice at the front of newer books?
Scanning them and storing on ANY computer is specifically prohibited.

Back