Powder mesure

J

jarbuz

Hi everybody,
I’m new here and I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Greg, I live in Poland. For the last two years I shoot hand guns and my beauty Carl Gustav – Swedish Mouser. Some of you my think that it is a toy. I age with it but this is my toy and this is what I can get here at the moment. 
Guys, I need some advise. I need some powder measure and I’m looking at two different ones. One is COMPETITION POWDER MEASURE PISTOL / SMALL RIFLE made by RCBS and the other one is Schuetzen / Pistol Measure made by Harrell’s Precision.
The Harrell’s one is dramatically expensive. My question is; it is worth the money? It is almost two times more expensive than the one made by RCBS. Dose it provide more precise repeatability?
Other question is about priming system. Does any one of you know any priming system which would work quickly and well? I do need to prime sometime over 1000 cases and I’m sick and tired of using LNL Hornady progressive press. It does not work as it suppose to. Every case I need to push with my finger away from the centre other ways it dose not line up and primers are often being damaged.
Many Thanks
Keep shooting.

depending on the powder and the gun, the lee perfect powder measure equaled the big name in atleast one br write up..and it sunder 30 bucks ....

(and i have 2 of the carl g 96 mausers, one a 1916, the other a '24...100% matching numbers and no import marks...an issue here in the states)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using the Bench Rest Powder Measure first made by Bonanza and marketed by Forester. I bought my first one about 1970/71. Very good bang for the buck.

I use the RCBS to load for my Swedish Mauser. Using the smaller extruded powders it will easily stay +- 0.1grain, 0.00648 grams. Using the larger extruded powder it will not be quite so repeatable but still good.
Get a set of check weights so you can be sure your scale is delivering what it says it is accurate. Especially if it's a beam balance type scale. Then you know you are delivering the correct charge with your powder measure.
In mine I have found that it likes 45.0 grains, 2.91595 grams, of VV N160 best under a 140 grain, 9.07185gram, Sierra Match King bullet best.

Guys many thanks, I think you have saved me some money and nerves. Any thoughts on primers?
Many Thanks

if you can get wolf large rifle at a reasonable price they work very well.....fall back on fed match or std large rifle..

mike in co

Back