Powder measuring question

Notorious

I agree that the lighting and cell phones may have an effect on the charge master. But for me that is all the more reason to switch over to a Harrells. I have a truck load of stuff to unload at the matches now. Pretty sure I dont want to add cardboard signs with stands that says PLEASE TURN OFF ALL CELL PHONES WHEN WALKING CLOSE TO MY LOADING BENCH. And some light bulbs so I can change them out over the table.

It's not just cheap electronic scales that are notorious for being interfered with by lighting and cell phnoes. Even the more expensive electronic scales - like a grand or more - can suffer the same problems. It wasn't until I got rid of those lab scales and replaced them with ones with what the manufacturers call hardened cicuitry did the issues vanish. Yep they cost a packet accurate to .01 of a grain. The things that will affect other types of scales are temperature, humidity, cell phones,cordless phones, fluorescent lighting, ignition systems on tools like gas driven weed whackers, UHF transivers, computers, microwave ovens. These are just the items that I am aware of. So for my money I'll use my powder measure when loading at the bench and use the you bute lab scales when I need to. I didn't purchase them for reloading but I have them for that purpose if I need them.
Andy.

The problem I had with my Dillon is operating it on the battery. I got it so I could do away with all the wires and it would constantly need to reset the zero. I ran out of batteries and switched to the electric wire and it hold a zero almost all the time. I don't use it with the battery anymore. I prefer the electronic scale and have had at one time or another one of every type available.

as long as you understand it is no better than the average reloading beam scale in accuracy...plus or minus 0.1 on a good day...just fine with n133 against thrown charges...
mike in co
The problem I had with my Dillon is operating it on the battery. I got it so I could do away with all the wires and it would constantly need to reset the zero. I ran out of batteries and switched to the electric wire and it hold a zero almost all the time. I don't use it with the battery anymore. I prefer the electronic scale and have had at one time or another one of every type available.

Back