Powder measure...old school.

Anyway, here's hoping at least some found this mildly interesting. I suppose buying a $1,000 analytical grade scale and satisfying the Scale Police would have been the ultimate, but I used what I have on hand....and what I use when loading at the range.

Thats correct. We are not concerned with a certain/exact amount, just the same amount each time.

as i said..it did well...but if you think it is plus or minus .05...you are sadly mistaken.
and it did not throw the same each time...
and with a std beam scale you just don't know what it is dropping......
mike in co
Thats correct. We are not concerned with a certain/exact amount, just the same amount each time.

B&M Powder Measure

Al Nyhus
I used 1/4" thick, 2" x 5.25" piece of 6061 aluminum (finished length)-you can end mill the pin screw seat down a little then you can use the same pin screw. The vertical knob handle on the right can spin or be solid, your preference. You probably have this figured out already anyway. By the way the set screw for the pivot screw doesn't have to be tightened with this set up.
Dan

Al,
Very interesting thread. Before your post, I had never heard of Bedding & Mull. Yesterday I ran across one and bought it(you're a good salesman!). Actually I ran across it by accident, it was complete and came with the instruction sheet. So, only owning a top of the line Harrels, a Dodd measure, and 2 Chargemasters, I thought, man, I have to have one of these!
I think I will set it up on my bench and use it for one of the calibers that I don't load a lot of rounds for and give it a try.
Thank$ for the thread. :)
Be$t,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

My uncle taught me to reload about 45 years ago. He had a B&M, so I bought one. I have a Harrels for the PPC, but still use the B&M for other calibers. My chamber glass broke in 3 pieces (was cracked like Al's for years, don't tighten those screws too much) and I haven't replaced it yet. Thinking about using plastic, but that may be a static hazard. Don't know if I can find a glass place to cut me a small piece like that.

Al N, looks like you bent your handle up some. Mine lies a lot flatter than yours and I push it with the heel of my thumb. Not so good as sometimes the pivot pin comes out of its hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me a littel history of my sinclair 57 powder measuer. its the 55 conversion thanks Robert

This thread is very interesting since I just un-boxed an old B & M measure which my father and I used in the '60's when I first started shooting. I was getting ready to set it up on the bench to try running Varget through it to see how accurate it would be;just what you had done here. I'll post some results in a week or so when I get something.

Back