positive quotes

Quote from RE Lee

The trite saying that honesty is the best policy has met with the just criticism that honesty is not policy. The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.

"There is no blueprint for winning at Bench Rest Competition. Each person's process is unique and guided by determination and a little luck."

Glenn

When I was young a man I knew said on numerous occasions, "I may be stupid, but by God I'm ignorant ."
I laughed at him till one day I thought about it and realized what he was saying.

Build a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for a couple of hours. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Wise words

OK. Here goes. I need to set this story up first.

When I was about twelve my wise uncle took be on my first deer hunt. We went to a pasture on a ranch in very rocky rough country South of out city maybe 100 miles. I walked around the top of these hills while my uncle and his friend took stands in the valley. I found a small sinister looking cave under a rock ledge that anything might crawl into. I heard a distinctive growling sounds coming from the hole. The hair on the back of my head stood up. I wisely backed away.

We met back at the pickup a short time latter and ate lunch. My uncle and his friend discussed how they had seen no deer. Trying to make an impression, I told them about the animal that must be in the cave. In my premature way, I suggested that we might go see what we could pull out of that cave.

My uncle gave me some wise advise that was beyond my years but I have remembered well all these years. He surely did not mean anything beyond what varmint might be in that cave and how dangerous it might be when he said, "Leave that hole alone. Don't ever pull anything out that you can't push back in."

Wise words for a lot of situations.:)

Concho Bill

Back