political, guns/pot/perception

The walleye are runnin on the mighty Mississippi. Good time and place to go and concentrate on that instead of something a few of us can't/arent going to change...:)

DUDE!!! If you're ever in south central WA check out walleye fishing on the mighty Columbia.....'em's da' best eats of all, and we've got ocean bright Spring Chinook swarming in the river as we speak, for a fair comparison.....walleye is hands down the best fish on the planet, #2 is same-day-fresh grilled dolphin and a distant third is Spring Chinook....

IMO

LOL

al

DUDE!!! If you're ever in south central WA check out walleye fishing on the mighty Columbia.....'em's da' best eats of all, and we've got ocean bright Spring Chinook swarming in the river as we speak, for a fair comparison.....walleye is hands down the best fish on the planet, #2 is same-day-fresh grilled dolphin and a distant third is Spring Chinook....

IMO

LOL

al

I won't argue the fact Walleye is king. And we have king salmon, huge browns They planted, ( like the 31# that won a new Dodge truck here at a contest a few years back. ( but pure ugly.) Pretty when they are 3-4 lbs, and Rainbow trout up to 16 lbs. Talk about fighters. They come out of the water 3-4 ft when they hit. By the way Al, we're talking lake Michigan, my back yard.

I won't argue the fact Walleye is king. And we have king salmon, huge browns They planted, ( like the 31# that won a new Dodge truck here at a contest a few years back. ( but pure ugly.) Pretty when they are 3-4 lbs, and Rainbow trout up to 16 lbs. Talk about fighters. They come out of the water 3-4 ft when they hit. By the way Al, we're talking lake Michigan, my back yard.

I have a lot of friends that fish up on Big Mitch..... the come up from the south and over from the east, NH area. I've fished the Gitche' Gumee some for pike but never Lake Michigan.

So I take it the Zebra mussels, Snakeheads and heavy metals toxins must not have too wrecked the fishery eh??? All's we hear is the doom and gloom in the news.

BTW, I really do like a meal of northern pike too....and I know how to filet them bone-free.

al

...walleye is hands down the best fish on the planet

#2 is same-day-fresh grilled dolphin

Best on the planet? Fresh pacific halibut is hard to beat.

Hey, lay off them dolphins--they is mammals.

BTW we're still able to keep White Sturgeon out here and properly cleaned sturgeon is right there with dolphin. Like dolphin I refer to it as "fish steak." Trick is to bleed it out properly which a lot of folks don't realize.... speaking of "bleeding out" I've never fished tuna although there's a huge fishery here. I'm like the only guy I know who hasn't got in on the monstrous tuna schools, and TUNA'S IS WARM BLOODED! They have to be bled out and cooled right righteously NOW.

I had no idea'r....

One of my kids was talking about "getting sprayed with warm blood" and I did a double-take....."You mean they fight so hard they HEAT UP?"

"Nope, they're warm-blooded!"

And of course, he was right.....

al

pearl city, but fished of the north shore out of poki bay.....
caught my marlin there...just shy of 12 FEET..about 275 lbs....fed the neighbors for weeks...
( how did we get this far of topic ??...i had quit reading the thread)
Munchies......

Back