Please critique this bench

Having designed and built concrete benches for two club ranges, I have went from block leg construction to poured legs (sonotubes). I got this idea after seeing vandals shoot up the block legs of the new benches while under constuction at the Sulphur Springs (PA) club. It also offers the best leg room. And, yes you will never please everybody.

Please don't let me see you tapping holes for the legs of your rest on the concrete top of a bench that I built. If a concrete top is too slick you can fix it with muridic acid. It will eat out the cement and leave a "sand" finish. Be sure to have enough water handy to flush off the acid.

This is a practice that is done quite often on concrete benches down under. They get holes chopped out in them every where. Granite might just stop that form occuring.
Andy.

We have rubber mats cut to fit our concrete bench tops, they don't move around under recoil and the feet of your rests grab it nicely, myself I prefer the round s.s feet with rubber bottoms that Sinclair sells for about $12.00 My rest doesn't move around with them either.
Wayne.

Please don't let me see you tapping holes for the legs of your rest on the concrete top of a bench that I built. If a concrete top is too slick you can fix it with muridic acid. It will eat out the cement and leave a "sand" finish. Be sure to have enough water handy to flush off the acid.

This is a practice that is done quite often on concrete benches down under. They get holes chopped out in them every where. Granite might just stop that form occurring.
Andy.

I know bad habits are hard to break but there are less destructive ways to achieve the same results.

Bill

Back