Pinevalley Benchrest Shooters Match for Aug 21

35 shooters so far, one slot left.
John Jones from the Tomball Club just donated a Hunter BR stock, 1000 berger bullets, and 1000 federal primers to give away for prizes.
Match is coming together now. Next year I plan on moving this match to the spring. I did not get the range ready in time this year to have it any earlier. Had to have it this year between the Utopia match in June and San Angelo in October.
We are going to have a Shooter of the Year award based on the highest points earned from the Duke's Utopia match, the East Texas Championship and the West Texas Championship in October. The details about this will be worked out Friday night before my match.
So far the match will have a pay out of:
$600 first place
$400 second place
$200 third place
$100 fourth place
Placques for 1st thru 10th
Placque for first place Junior Division
Placque for last place
A Hunter BR stock, 1000 berger bullets, 1000 federal primers as prizes.
AbleAmmo.com is donating a Springfield XD 9mm to raffle off with the proceeds going to The Defenders of Freedom charity for veterans.

Last edited:
We are going to try a new idea. A volunteer team match.If interested, sign up Friday or Sat. morning before comp. starts.

Team Competition Rules:

1. Teams will be made up of 3 shooters.
2. The entry fee will be $10 per person
3. Minimum of three teams for the contest to take place (9 entrants)
4. The total team score will determine placing.
5. Payout will be based on number teams.
6. 100% payback
7. The total team score will be calculated as follows:
Each shooters score will be tallied and added with other team members.
Each shooters score will be the sum of relays 1 through 5 with the worst relay
tossed out.

These rules are designed to promote a competitive and fun team competition. Since this is the first time to try this, we want to keep an open mind to modifying the rules so as to develop a format that many shooters will participate in at future matches.

For our first attempt at a Team Competition, we will draw for teams. We expect several new shooters at this match thus drawing teams will hopefully encourage more participation.

To enter, email dennisreed@juno.com , do not send any money. Money will be collected before the match begins on Friday and Saturday.

Payout will be as follows:

# of Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
3 90
4 90 30
5 114 36
6 114 51 15
7 120 60 30
8 120 60 36 24
9 150 60 36 24
10 150 84 36 30

If we have 8 or more teams (24 entrants), an additional $100 will be added to the pot!!!

Mike,

Enough shooters have already indicated they want to participate in the team classification for us to give this a try. Hopefully several more will participate as well.

DR

Well...Its over and an awesome turn-out!!! For those that don't know this was the first match at the new range in Huntsville,TX. We fillied the match with 36 shooters!!! We had one shooter from out of state and two shooters from Arkansas. I know Mike really appreciated those that traveled all those miles to make this match. The match ran smooth all day and broke for lunch, BTW was a Ribeye dinner!!! and got back going and finished all shooting and awards by 3:30...Good going Mike!!! and ALL your help!! I'll let somebody else chime in with the results, (that means I didn't get first) of which I blew a second place lead to a 6th place finish due to a horrible mirage and wind shift in the 4th relay.

All in All...It was a hit!!!!!!!!!

Back