Pillar bed without the goop

It's called "Fibron" and to the best of my knowledge it is no longer available.

Sorry.

Wow, boy did this go off in a direction I never imagined.

I had prepared a long winded dissertation addressing your comments. Then reality hit after taking a cigarrette break. (I AM on the clock btw, My clock:D)

If you want to know more about Dakota/Nesika's defalcations, you call me, introduce yourself and I'll consider telling you a floor level management perspective. I'm not going to pick scabs on the internet.

I find this post off content and a bit uncouth.

Well, you did say that you wanted to stir things up.........probably were not expecting "pond scum" to rise to the surface.

Last edited:
Thank God no one called me a liberal

I wasn't trying to poke anyone in the eye. Maybe a gentle one finger shot in the ribs. Can't say I've ever been accused of having any tact. One of my many many flaws. I guess I thought that 7 hours to build a sub .100" all day long shooting rifle using factory ammo start to finish without any glass is a pretty big claim, and my initial reaction was "come on". Was just my reaction. I could be wrong and have been many times and will be wrong in the future. It was only meant as a good natured rib.

I was however fishing for a little info on the behind scenes Nesika world. After reading Chad's unedited post it confirmed my suspicions that the politics & management inside the DArms building hasn't changed much since the mid 90's. I'm NOT talking floor level management. As these floor level managers & supervisiors always had their hands tied and were never allowed to change anything that would have actually benifitted production. My question about on or off the clock was because my instant reaction of reading that a # of people had time on their hands to brainstorm was probably because they were out of all the necessary GOOD parts to build rifles with and decided to try something innovative.

Heard this past week at the Varminthunters Jamboree that Remington just bought Nesika recently. Nesika was at the jamboree and made the anouncment. Sorry to step on your thread Chad.

Lefty Lucas

Nesika actions did suffer some set backs. Kills me to say it, but a spade is a spade.

However. The guy supplying the action blanks is back online and does a very very very fine job.

The machine's used to make these are state of the art machining centers and the boogers in the programs were defunked a long long time ago.

The guys making the parts are good machinists so I don't think it's fair to just broom them to the curb just yet.

Remington (IMO) is Dakota and Nesika's saving grace. They have the horsepower to see things through. Time will tell I guess.

Remington (IMO) is Dakota and Nesika's saving grace. They have the horsepower to see things through. Time will tell I guess.

Horsepower with nobody at the steering wheel...........lets see, who does that remind me of..........that little old bankrupt company (now government owned) called GM.

Never thought I would see the day when Remington would import Russian mfg. firearms (got nothing against Russian mfg.), slap the Rem. label on and sell it for domestic consumption, all for short term greed.

Anytime a corporation creates a business model based upon buying up other companies/operations, chopping them up, skimming the cream, and discarding the rest (i.e. Neseika/Dakota), without creative innovating, is doomed to eventual failure. Brand name without quality and/or innovation is a death sentence.

Now the only questions are; when and will Remington receive government bailout funds. Maybe as long as we are fighting several wars and paying $500 for government specd. toilet seats, Rem. will do just fine, until the printing presses run out of paper, and the gravy bowl runs dry.

Back