Pierce Actions...info. wanted

robertb

Guys,
Can anyone tell me what the general consensus is on the Pierce actions that have the 700 footprint? Looking at one of these for a possible build but can't find very much information about them. How do they compare to the Borden Alpine/Timberlines? Pics would be appreciated.

Robert,
Mine is an excellent receiver. I bought the chromoly version. I have not seen Jim's receiver, but am sure it is a nice one.
Butch

Butch,
Which receiver do you have, Borden or Pierce? I really like what Borden is putting out. However, if Pierce is similar in quality, I might go that route due to logistics.

As I stated in the last post, I have not seen Jim Bordens receiver. I am very sure it is a nice one as are all of his products. I have a Pierce.
Butch

Butch,
You mind posting pictures of your Pierce? I've seen a couple on 6mmbr but would like to see (bolt-release side) the opposite side of the one shown on 6mmbr.

A friend of mine, and I had a few of John's actions for a while and were able to get a few pictures. My friend is still working on a better picture than we were able to get. But here are a few pictures that I have.

Paul

Attachments

• _N7T1736 resize.jpg
    _N7T1736 resize.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 456
  • _N7T1738 resize.jpg
    _N7T1738 resize.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 436
  • _N7T1758 resize.jpg
    _N7T1758 resize.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 413
Paul, mine has a Winchester type 3 pos safety with no cutout
on the rt side of the tang for a safety lever. It is much cleaner that way. It also has a blind receiver screw hole in the tang. Mine will probably be a 6.5x47 with a featherweight barrel. I am working on a recoil lug under the front ring. I want to get rid of the nasty Remington style recoil lug.
Butch

Fellas,
Thank you all for the pictures. Pierce looks like he puts out a fine product. This makes my decision tough.

Back