Piedmont Gun Club - New Year Shoot

T

Tommy Williams

PIEDMONT GUN CLUB'S NEW YEAR SHOOT JANUARY 08, 2011

Merry Christmas to all,

It's been a few months sense our last 600 yard match, and Piedmont Gun Club would like to invite you all to bring in the new year with a 600 yard fun match on January 08th, 2011. Bring warm clothes and be ready to start shooting at 9:00AM. Reminder our IBS registered matches will start in March.

Thanks

Tommy
PGC

Thinking about coming. I shoot 1k br. I know format for 600 is different. If a person was to come to a 600 match, and needed to shoot the same gun, light and heavy how many match rounds, and sighters would be recomended? Will this fun match be a four target agg.? Thanks, Waverly

Waverly,
I am glad to see you are coming. We have alot of fun, and shoot alot more than 1000 yard benchrest. If you have a bad relay, you have 3 more to make it up.
In registered matches we shoot 4 targets per class. That is a total of 8 targets for the day. That will be 5 record shots per target and I like to have at least 5 sighters per target. So, for the day, I bring at least 80 rounds. I can't remember ever shooting over 80 rounds. Samuel Hall

Waverly.......what happens is you will shoot Two targets at one sitting. There will be 2min. inbetween targets. Once you have completed your 6 min. sight in period for the first target you only get a two minute sighter perior for the second target. Unless there is a major wind change, you might only fire one or even no sighter prior to the second target. So, for both light and heavy gun, you will bring your equipment to the bench four times. See you there!
Rich De

Thanks, Sam, and Rich, I've got some more brass to fireform( only 50 pieces so far) for my dasher, but I think I'm going to get it all worked out to come. Thanks, Waverly

See you guys there. Hope it is not as cold as last year.
Andrew

Hey guys,Got it worked out for the weekend. A couple of questions.

Are there concessions at the range?

Are there covered tables to move your stuff back and forth and to clean, or do I need to bring my wagon to tranport.

Where do the people that travel stay? Rutherfordton, Columbus, Shelby? Please advise best lacation for a room, and meals.

Thanks, Waverly

Yes, there is food at the range. It is served by local church women in their new heated clubhouse which also has nice bathrooms. The covered cleaning areas are actually aluminum garage ports of which they have three. There are some tables but you might want to bring a small one. The carports usually fill up fairly quick so be early:) Parking is close by so you could work right from your vehicle. Motels are close by in Rutherfordton or as the locals call it: "Ruvton!" :) The weather is supposed to be nice.........but fairly cold, at least early on. It should warm up as the day goes on.
Rich De

This is a copy/paste from NOAA Weather for Rutherfordton NC.

Tonight: A chance of rain and snow before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow between 11pm and 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind between 9 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

Last edited:
Back