Pay Pal SCAMS !

H."Snuffy"Smith

Be careful, guys. I've received 2 requests from SUPPOSEDLY PAYPAL for info. If you get one, forward it to "spoof @Paypal.com" Of course any one asks for my personal credit card or bank info gets deleted. I do use Paypal with a feeling of security, but these are OBVIOUSLY scams, like the bank of Nigeria trying to give an inheritance of $50 mil + :eek:

PLUS, I ain't got no money, they must really getting hard up.

"Snuffy" the poor ole Georgia boy

... If you get one, forward it to "spoof @Paypal.com" ...

There are different ways to report phishing attempts. The one Snuffy cites is the way PayPal wants it done, so I'd like to emphasize - do precisely as he says.

IOW, forward the email. Don't cut and paste the text to send along. Don't try to isolate or separately preserve the headers. Don't click on anything in the email. Just use the "forward" button and then delete the thing from your inbox.

Other organizations do it differently; it's important to report phishing in the way the legitimate entity is set up to handle such reports.

years ago I got a bill from Paypal on a credit card, I had never heard of it so I called the credit card company and they deleted the charge. Not sure how they got my info. but I will never use any thing that mentions Paypal.

years ago I got a bill from Paypal on a credit card, I had never heard of it so I called the credit card company and they deleted the charge. Not sure how they got my info. but I will never use any thing that mentions Paypal.

AND...if you do anything on E bay, be certain your password is a combination of letters and numbers, dots, coma's, or whatever. furthermore...let it be 13 didgits.

I didn't a few years ago. They got into my account when I had something for sale. One morning I woke up at 2:30, (the last day of my auction), only to discover he/she broke my password, erased what I had for sale, replaced it with two pics of two 42" flat screen TV's, (just pics mind you), with free shipping anywhere in the world, ( if you can imagine), and no one to call to try and stop it.

Fortunately...I got a guy on "live chat", told him the story, and he erased everything.

One thing more guys. People were bidding on those "pics" of the purported tv's, and the bidding was up to $5400. with a change of address included.
HIS address.
No more e bay or pay pal...

Be careful, guys. I've received 2 requests from SUPPOSEDLY PAYPAL for info. If you get one, forward it to "spoof @Paypal.com" Of course any one asks for my personal credit card or bank info gets deleted. I do use Paypal with a feeling of security, but these are OBVIOUSLY scams, like the bank of Nigeria trying to give an inheritance of $50 mil + :eek:

PLUS, I ain't got no money, they must really getting hard up.

"Snuffy" the poor ole Georgia boy

This is really old stuff Snuffy.
Never click on any link within an email you receive regarding any financial matter or for that matter links from many other sources . If you think you want to contact the financial entity originate the query yourself either by telephone or by going to a URL you type in yourself. There are literally millions of people out their trying to rip you off

It is sad but true.

Dick

You said it,i got the same thing,they deleted the bill,but i had my account closed forever.
Never but never use paypal

Back