Paul Horton Adjustable Rear Rest

P

Prelude 2.0

Does anyone have a Paul Horton adjustable rear rest? Would you please post a picture of it? I've heard about it but I don't know how it looks like. Thanks in advance.

I had one.....he probably made less than half a dozen....it actually was not adjustable but was merely a heavy 1 inch steel plate, steel for weight purposes. It had a standoff with a Delrin piece that the butt of the stock sat on similar to the delrin back piece of a pappas one piece. It also had 3 knurled posts just like a pappas does to level it. As far as windage and elevation it was solid other than the posts to level it. Paul who is a good friend made these for me, Brian Brandt and Dennis Sallin the year we all started shooting. We were all had just bought Fudd front rests and wanted something other than a leather bag in the back. I will look at work because I know I have a picture of mine saved somewhere.

Charlie

Prelude 2.0

Just keep in mind that a rear bag system like you are asking about would not be legal in the rimfire 3-Gun events, but would be fine for any of the Unlimited events such as any of the ARA events, as well as for RBA & IR 50/50 Unlimited.

Another rear rest system similar to what you are asking about was made by Art Cocchia of Time Precision for a while many years ago. I don't know if Art's still offering them, but they were nice.

Good luck,

Dave

Back