Panda action wrench

Gene DeLoney

I have an action wrench that I think fits a Panda but not sure. If any one has the bolt body diameter and width accross the lugs, I should be able to figure it out and would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Gene

I have an action wrench that I think fits a Panda but not sure. If any one has the bolt body diameter and width accross the lugs, I should be able to figure it out and would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Gene

An AL Davidson Panda wrench is 0.430" thick and 0.990" thick for 7-5/16" then the hex for a wrench.

A Panda bolt is 0.985" across the lugs which are 0.420" thick and are 0.550" long.

Then the bolt body is 0.500" diameter for 4-3/4" from the back of the lugs to the bolt handle.

An AL Davidson Panda wrench is 0.430" thick and 0.990" thick for 7-5/16" then the hex for a wrench.

A Panda bolt is 0.985" across the lugs which are 0.420" thick and are 0.550" long.

Then the bolt body is 0.500" diameter for 4-3/4" from the back of the lugs to the bolt handle.

Thank Jerry......This wrench has the "Paddle" end and a clylindrical body that is about .700 in..........are you sure about that .500 diameter?

Thank Jerry......This wrench has the "Paddle" end and a clylindrical body that is about .700 in..........are you sure about that .500 diameter?

The original Davidson wrench is shaped like a paddle. Many, including me, turn the "bolt body" section down to where the flats only contact the action just behind the lug locking area.

Edit-- your wrench may be for an action like a Myers (or Hall) that have the bolt body the same diameter as the lugs??

Yep, the Panda body is 0.500".

Last edited:
My Panda bolt is about .701". .500" would be pretty small with a .473 case head.

Gary

Yep, you are correct about the Panda bolt body being 0.700". My computer glasses do not have much magnification.

Jerry...Thanks again. Looks like the wrench I have is for a Panda by the measurements.
The other one I have is a flat wrench all the way from front to rear and this other one is .700 on the round part so it is for the Panda.
Oh yeah, I hear you on the glasses.........I recently got new ones but don't think that they are any better than the old.

Jerry...Thanks again. Looks like the wrench I have is for a Panda by the measurements.
The other one I have is a flat wrench all the way from front to rear and this other one is .700 on the round part so it is for the Panda.
Oh yeah, I hear you on the glasses.........I recently got new ones but don't think that they are any better than the old.

Gene, that action wrench will also work on Remington 700's. On the later 700's you might have to mill a 3/32 x 3/32 notch along one edge on the upper right corner.

Back