Pacific tools

No worries. I looks like we were spoiled years back with ultra fast supply. Now my orders have no reliable delivery time. As an example, my order from Shot still isn't complete complete... but if you were are SHOT you saw how busy and crazy it was. After spending copious amounts of time chasing them down, the one reamer was supposed to have been rushed with stated delivery of about 2 weeks (PTG time) but it has been more like 1.5 - 2 months on the world clock with hopefully a delivery in sight of Sept 10.

They always do their best but they are so busy now that reliable delivery times are just not to likely. I just hope the wheels don't fall off the wagon. We just have to suck it up or .......... shop elsewhere. PTG makes an huge volume or parts and has many BIG customers! Dave has done a fantastic job in suppling tools/parts to the industry.

Last edited:
there are 10-15 gun auction sites online..but the biggest auction site can't seem to figure out the process.....the laywer out...BS...THEY ARE ANTI GUN. there is no middle ground, no neutral...no political compromise...pro or anti gun...they are anti.......
you don't like the answer, explain how companies much smaller than them can deal with gun auctions, and they and thier lawyers cannot ??.......( hint...they are anti gun)

read your paypal account user agreement.....no gun nor gun related transactions...and just who owns paypal...well your friends at ebay...thats who.
one does not have to donate to an anti organization for them to be anti gun.

supporting the enemy is not a good operating plan.....

mike in co

So they donate to anti gun orginisations or dont accept pay pal for gun related merchandice what does it mean they are anti gun?

PTG Rep Response

Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. started offering PayPal as a payment option by customer request. In our research most businesses do not like to use PayPal, since their fees are higher than credit card companies and the fee is expected to be picked-up by the seller. Unlike credit card companies PayPal charges a variable rate based on the amount of the purchase, which can get quite expensive. Rather than doing a flat rate increase on all of our products to all customers the service fee is passed on to the customer's that choose, or demand the PayPal method of payment.
We (PTG) recommend & prefer that transactions be made with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), or ask to be setup on account with us. PayPal was a result of eBay and people needing a "escrow" moderator to insure payment and delivery on both ends... The majority of PayPal payees for Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. are our foreign customers, since this same scenario comes into play. If enough of our customers think we should discontinue this option for payment we will happily remove it.

PTG Rep Response

Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. started offering PayPal as a payment option by customer request. In our research most businesses do not like to use PayPal, since their fees are higher than credit card companies and the fee is expected to be picked-up by the seller. Unlike credit card companies PayPal charges a variable rate based on the amount of the purchase, which can get quite expensive. Rather than doing a flat rate increase on all of our products to all customers the service fee is passed on to the customer's that choose, or demand the PayPal method of payment.
We (PTG) recommend & prefer that transactions be made with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover), or ask to be setup on account with us. PayPal was a result of eBay and people needing a "escrow" moderator to insure payment and delivery on both ends... The majority of PayPal payees for Pacific Tool & Gauge, Inc. are our foreign customers, since this same scenario comes into play. If enough of our customers think we should discontinue this option for payment we will happily remove it.

I have dealt with Dave for many years now and I can tell you that his products, service and advice are first rate. Running a company of this size is no easy task.
Herb Coates

Reamers4u: Kathleen have sent me an email and i have returned an answer, i have sent two email just for safety. I suspect that it must be something wrong with your email i, have i have answered confirmation linked to my email so i was a little warried that your antivirus took my email for a spam or something.
I hope you do not get me wrong, your product is first class and the support that i recived over the year has been great and i will continue to buy reamers from you.
4-6 weeks to delivery is 4-6 faster than your competitors so again dont get me wrong, my concern was the lack of answer from my email but now you have given me an explanation.
My hope was that somebody on PTG would read this thread and somebody did.

regards christer

@ Reamers4u,

Not that I know for sure but I take it that you are Mr. Kiff himself?

I also used to be a customer at PTG but after having the same problem as Christer has, I went elsewhere. The issue is not whether it takes 1 week or 10 weeks, the issue is that the mail correspondence is lacking from some of the staff at PTG.

Yep you guessed right, me & Christer are buddies and we've been talking about this for quite some time now. We've also spoken to a bunch of other gunsmiths in Sweden and the answer has been the same... Great stuff but poor correspondance.

Last time i placed an order Kory didn't even bother to read the whole mail. Instead he place one item on a work card and withdrew money from my VISA without even letting me know before he did so.

For the record, your know how and the quality of PTG's tools is worth a lot to me but I simply can't be a customer when some of the staff is not doing their job.

This may not seem like a problem to some of you guys reading about this but it's important for me as customer to know if the manufacturer has gotten the order, how much it's gonna cost, when the money will be withdrawn from the account and when the items is due for shipping.

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,

Bobby

I've dealt with PTG many times and they have always gotten back to me in a reasonable time or talked to me on the first call, have nothing but good experiences with them and Dave Kift. Ive gotten Items that I needed in a pinch in very fast time.

In this economy it is great to be busy. My experience with PTG has been very good. I am not saying there have been no issues but they stepped up and did everything in their power to make it right. I will stay with PTG and if you take your business elsewhere my wait time will be shorter.

John

Since SHOT correspondence and supply has been very very slow. All I can think is that they are swamped... I should be receiving a lost order this week, the latest next week.

@ Reamers4u,

Not that I know for sure but I take it that you are Mr. Kiff himself?

I also used to be a customer at PTG but after having the same problem as Christer has, I went elsewhere. The issue is not whether it takes 1 week or 10 weeks, the issue is that the mail correspondence is lacking from some of the staff at PTG.

Yep you guessed right, me & Christer are buddies and we've been talking about this for quite some time now. We've also spoken to a bunch of other gunsmiths in Sweden and the answer has been the same... Great stuff but poor correspondance.

Last time i placed an order Kory didn't even bother to read the whole mail. Instead he place one item on a work card and withdrew money from my VISA without even letting me know before he did so.

For the record, your know how and the quality of PTG's tools is worth a lot to me but I simply can't be a customer when some of the staff is not doing their job.

This may not seem like a problem to some of you guys reading about this but it's important for me as customer to know if the manufacturer has gotten the order, how much it's gonna cost, when the money will be withdrawn from the account and when the items is due for shipping.

Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,

Bobby

I would have to agree with this guy. I have had alot of hassles with custom orders from PTG over the past year or so. The adverts in PS magazine stating "1-4 weeks on wildcats" are just simply not a true reflection of the current situation. It is more like 2-3 months, or more??. Plus I have had to email and phone numerous times to try to get things sorted out, on several different orders. It is very difficult to remain positive when 3 different people can't seem to figure out what is going on with your order, despite the info being provided clearly and concisely to them numerous times. I have customers here chasing me about why their rifle isn't started yet, simply because i am still waiting on tooling that has gone more than double it's estimated delivery date. However 3 years or more ago I had no problems or complaints, and their service was A1.

I talked with Kory Yesterday at PT&G. He is their new "I T" guy. He assured me that PT&G would have a new software in place to confirm, track and document orders placed on the phone.
I will give Dave Kiff credit, he is trying to insure his orders are properly taken and the machine work one to specification.
Nat Lambeth

I've known David Kiff almost 14 years now. Back then it was only a handful of employees. Now it's approaching 100. In our current economic yeast infection he's obviously done well for himself.

I've used his tools from day one and will continue to do so until I fold up for good.
While in Iraq (2006-2009) I would received Christmas cards every year from David.

As with any entity that grows, there are pains associated with it. The only way a business owner fixes a problem is by first knowing it exists.

If you have a grievance. Call the shop and talk to him.

Chad Dixon
LongRifles, Inc.

Has PTG stopped their other lines? I was looking for their Howa bottom metal, and its vanished from their website.

Has PTG stopped their other lines? I was looking for their Howa bottom metal, and its vanished from their website.

Call the company to find out what's going on, don't ask outsiders that likely only know rumors. This is simple stuff.

Back