Pacific Tool and Gauge

O

ozfclass

I've been waiting for a reamer for nearly 5 months. Can someone whose received a reamer order recently from PTG please advise what their wait time was? I'm not complaining - just don't want to hassle them if the wait is normal.

Thanks

Alan

I would guess a lot would depend on the caliber ordered. I've never had to wait that long for a reamer.

I spoke with PTG a couple of weeks ago, and was told that orders would be delayed due to a heavy volume of government work which is given priority.

About a year ago, when I ordered my last reamer, the lead time was 6-10 weeks. That could have changed since then. Give them a call & ask.

i never waited that long...i would call...stuff happens,,

mike in co

I was in the PT&G shop last week and Dave told me he is working 2 shifts to fill orders but they are getting held up in his shipping department. I have had a 220 Swift reamer on order since March and that is unusual to wait that long, I would call if I were you. I'll get mine when it gets here.

I ordered my 30-06 Reamer for my Rem 721 project on April 5th. I called the other day to inquire, and the Lady said it was to be shipped in about a week and a half.

So I guess 6 weeks is a pretty good guess at a waiting time.

In the past, I have gotten reamers in as little as 3 weeks..........jackie

I ordered my 30-06 Reamer for my Rem 721 project on April 5th. I called the other day to inquire, and the Lady said it was to be shipped in about a week and a half.

So I guess 6 weeks is a pretty good guess at a waiting time.

In the past, I have gotten reamers in as little as 3 weeks..........jackie
Dave has spoiled many of us with super fast service and no extra charges for wildcats, I sure hope they get caught up soon.

Dave has spoiled many of us with super fast service and no extra charges for wildcats, I sure hope they get caught up soon.

Man, ain't THAT the truth! The first time I had to wait "weeks" I was surprised and I called them. But like any shop, they can get backed up.

Alan, I think you should call them. If there's a huge toll to call from OZ let me know and I'll drop an enquiry for you.

al

I've been waiting for a reamer for nearly 5 months. Can someone whose received a reamer order recently from PTG please advise what their wait time was? I'm not complaining - just don't want to hassle them if the wait is normal.

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

I ordered a chamber reamer, custom mandrel, and a bunch of oversize recoil lugs from PTG last week. There have been some changes there, and now the export orders are handled and managed by 'Kory', and Kathleen is now apparently just managing the US orders. You could email Kory direct on kory@pacifictoolandgauge.com to find out where your order is at. The lead time on the lugs was quoted at 3 weeks, but not sure about the other items.

BTW, the recoil lugs are to be SS, 0.250" thick, with a 1.080" bore - perfect for fitting to trued actions with recut threads. 5/64" pin hole (if you ever use that thing..) They will be making some extras to keep on the shelf for other guys that want them. I don't think they will stay on the shelf long.......

Cheers,

Dean.

Thanks for the replies.

I was actually a month out - I received acknowledgement from Kathleen on Jan 14. So its nearly 4 months, not 5.

I'll try e-mailing Kory.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I ordered a chamber reamer, custom mandrel, and a bunch of oversize recoil lugs from PTG last week. There have been some changes there, and now the export orders are handled and managed by 'Kory', and Kathleen is now apparently just managing the US orders. You could email Kory direct on kory@pacifictoolandgauge.com to find out where your order is at. The lead time on the lugs was quoted at 3 weeks, but not sure about the other items.

BTW, the recoil lugs are to be SS, 0.250" thick, with a 1.080" bore - perfect for fitting to trued actions with recut threads. 5/64" pin hole (if you ever use that thing..) They will be making some extras to keep on the shelf for other guys that want them. I don't think they will stay on the shelf long.......

Cheers,

Dean.

Dean, I just recently got a batch very much like yours. I ordered the 25 to get a price break but mine are only .200 thick. They took about a month to get and came along with a 6.5 Creedmoor reamer that took around 6 weeks.

All fixed now thanks. Kory said my order had never made it past first base, so they have put it in the system with high priority, and it should be finished in a fortnight. Which is okay because my Krieger and Barnard are expected about the same time. FWIW its a 284 Shehane and I'm doing a tubular steel stock with barrel clamp, for F-Class.

Alan

Wikipedia :
The fortnight is a unit of time equal to fourteen days, or two weeks. The word derives from the Old English fēowertyne niht, meaning "fourteen nights". Fortnight and fortnightly are commonly used words in Britain and many Commonwealth countries such as Pakistan, India, New Zealand, and Australia, where many wages and salaries and most social security benefits are paid on a fortnightly basis.[3] The word is rarely used in North America, except regionally in Canada and in insular traditional communities (e.g. Amish) in the United States.

I think that explains it. I've only lived in NZ and Australia where it is used extensively.

Learn something every day:)

Mon Dieu! (from The Three Musketeers & other adventure tales)

I would have thought everyone interested in gunsmithing would have read some of the Sherlock Holmes tales, where "fortnight" pops up from time to time. What always got me as a kid was the Brit's fondness for "biscuits" -- which I later learned are what I call "cookies."

Good Lord, how is an honest typesetter suppose to make a living if no one reads any more?

Yeah Jay, it's kind of a shortened version of "the fourteenth night". Got something to do with history... riders returning on the fortnight or some something, can't remember.

Back