Other than a BR rifle that won't shoot, most useless machine ever made----

Boyd,

I thought that it was an allegory for the performance of elected government - the appearance of movement without achieving any progress.

John

This must be standard issue in Congress.......

Unfortunately most of them would need to be trained on how to flip the switch, then they'd have to hire a few more "staff members" to actually do the work.

Similar Machine in The South

In The South, general stores sometimes have a similar machine. As I recall, there is some ruse to get you to put your finger in a hole, and when you do a door flips open and a fake raccoon/skunk/groundhog or whatever jumps out at you. It's pretty effective.

I always wondered what these machines are called and how to build one. I work in a hospital, so I was thinking of a "Check your blood pressure" machine complete with dials and other official looking features. Just one of those projects I haven't got around to yet.

I spent most of my working years running heavy equipment on construction jobs. Back in the days of points and condensers in distributers in gas engines, it was normal to see a condenser or two laying around on the workbench in the shop. And, it was normal to see the curious "new" guy pick one up while standing around in the mechanics way picking up tools and parts, then putting them down, not necessarily where the found them. It was also normal to see the condenser flying across the shop when it discharged in the new guy's hand. Sure put a stop to bothering tools and parts on the workbench.
Jerry

The box I made was labeled "Live Mongoose Don't Touch"

I installed screened windows. Inside was a racoon tail. The lid was spring loaded with a rat trap and when sprung open it slammed with a big bang. Usually the racoon tail hit the "Toucher" in the chest, because it was attached to the lid.

Knocked some big guys on their butts, it did.

This was 30 years ago before they invented batteries;-)=

Back