OT-Buckeyes, 2015 First National College Football Champs

If the playoffs were expanded the players would never actually go to school. They'd graduate with honors in nothing in particular. Okay, Okay, there would be a few exceptions. They'd qualify perhaps to be politicians.

If the playoffs were expanded the players would never actually go to school. They'd graduate with honors in nothing in particular. Okay, Okay, there would be a few exceptions. They'd qualify perhaps to be politicians.

I know that you are posting in jest. My Grandson will graduate early and will probably get his Masters on their money. If they can't take advantage of the tools given them, they are trying to fail. Josh has mandatory 2 hr study hall with tutors available 4 days a week. As he has said, you have to want to fail if you play college football and fail.

Oregon did not play?

I stand by my statement on TCU and also the Oregon State team did not play Ohio State.

Just because I like talking about Football.

Butch..I don’t know what you mean when you say Oregon didn’t play. They played the same way they played all season long. Their style of play overwhelmed Florida State . Florida State does not have a good defense.

Football is like a game of chess. You exploit your opponents weaknesses. Oregon did the best they could against a team that was better prepared defensively.

If Oregon did anything wrong ,it was lack of a plan B when their high powered offense failed to work against a stingy defense. Oregon played their hearts out and the better team won.

I give the Ohio State Coaching staff a lot of credit for putting together a defensive game plan that worked.

Glenn

Last edited:
My Grandson will graduate early and will probably get his Masters on their money. If they can't take advantage of the tools given them, they are trying to fail. Josh has mandatory 2 hr study hall with tutors available 4 days a week. As he has said, you have to want to fail if you play college football and fail.

I read recently where one of the players at a big-name school "found out he could take 15 hours [last] fall to graduate." With the amount of time players devote to football (practices, team meetings, individual workouts, studying the playbook, games, travel, and recovering from fatigue), I wonder how any of them could handle 15 hours of course work in a semester. I am frequently skeptical of the courses they take and how they pass many "legitimate" courses during the season. I also wonder how much of the course work is actually done by the players as opposed to tutors.

Glenn, Butch said that Oregon STATE did not play. Oregon did play...but not very well. James

Thanks James. Excellent observation. My Bad. I totally missed my own mistake. Must be dementia. Butch is correct. Oregon State did not play Ohio State. I apologize to the Oregon State fans who may have been offended by my mistake.

Glenn

Sec?

Ohio played Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati, Maryland, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Look at any of the SEC teams you mentioned and see if you can find that many non ranked teams. When Ohio plays as tough a season as Alabama and has all of their team beat up crippled at the end and wins, they will get my respect.

Ohio played Navy, Kent State, Cincinnati, Maryland, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. Look at any of the SEC teams you mentioned and see if you can find that many non ranked teams. When Ohio plays as tough a season as Alabama and has all of their team beat up crippled at the end and wins, they will get my respect.

I'm an Alabama fan and want to share some thoughts. Although Ohio State got into the playoffs having played "only" two ranked teams (based on final rankings) while Alabama got there having played four ranked teams, Ohio State did it in note-worthy fashion -- destroying a ranked team in its conference championship game with a third string QB making his first start! I would not say that Alabama was any more "beat up crippled" than was Ohio State.

BTW, Wisconsin was a "ranked" team. :)

Help me out guys

I have been searching and searching and cannot find what I am looking for.

Anyone have a website or cheat sheet that shows the conferences and there respective teams?

I had found a websie that had a pretty good breakdown but for the life of me cannot find it.

Calvin

I agree

I'm an Alabama fan and want to share some thoughts. Although Ohio State got into the playoffs having played "only" two ranked teams (based on final rankings) while Alabama got there having played four ranked teams, Ohio State did it in note-worthy fashion -- destroying a ranked team in its conference championship game with a third string QB making his first start! I would not say that Alabama was any more "beat up crippled" than was Ohio State.

BTW, Wisconsin was a "ranked" team. :)

I agree. There is a possibility of getting beat up/injured in every Football game. Regardless of schedule or opponent ranking. Ask any Football player.

I’m a Bigger Ohio State fan since the Championship win. They had a tremendous run this season. Its all about Recruiting and Coaching.

I predict that we will see Coaches Sabin or Meyers or both, back in the Championship game next year. Oh,by the way,Ohio State beat Oregon,

not Oregon State.:eek:

Glenn

I read recently where one of the players at a big-name school "found out he could take 15 hours [last] fall to graduate." With the amount of time players devote to football (practices, team meetings, individual workouts, studying the playbook, games, travel, and recovering from fatigue), I wonder how any of them could handle 15 hours of course work in a semester. I am frequently skeptical of the courses they take and how they pass many "legitimate" courses during the season. I also wonder how much of the course work is actually done by the players as opposed to tutors.

All of the players are not dumbazz's. Quite a lot of them are smart enough to know that they won't play on Sunday. A typical off season regime is up at 6am to get to physical conditioning, shower and classes, meal and nap, supposedly on your own workouts without coaches, meetings, mandatory study hall, and home for sleep. Josh is known for his cooking and they use their food funds for Josh to cook. Until this year the athletes with full schollies were covered for 10 months of room and meals even though they were there 12 months. He ain't crying about it at all, but most folks don't understand that a full scholarship does not keep the parents from contributing to their education.

Back