Only For Those That Have Had Rotator Cuff Surgery...

pikedrop

Only For Those That Have Had Rotator Cuff Surgery...

How many months (after rotator cuff surgery) did you resume shooting? This question is particularly pointed toward those that shoot .30's. When you did resume shooting, did you use a shoulder pad and/or modify the butt plate with a soft pad?

Thank you.
Matt

Holy cow . . . that was 24 years ago . . .

But, shootin' resumed after about six weeks, and the "fix" is working still. :DRG

P.S. the shoulder wasn't laid open, it was just three shortish slashes, or, arthroscopy.

Last edited:
I had Rotator Cuff and Bicep tendon fixed up right when Covid hit so I had plenty of time to heal which I highly recommend, It finally got to the point that I couldn't raise my arm but the defining moment was when I couldn't shoot anymore and I realized I had put it off long enough.
To be honest i'm not 100% but fully functional and I can live with that, I still have some pain at times but i'm 57 now and the check engine light has been on for a while.

Mine was a cut it open surgery and it was pretty screwed up. Surgery was several years ago now and use restrictions were from middle of August to middle of December and then I was turned loose with none restricted use. Took about a year for it to get back to normal and it has been great ever since. Physical therapy was brutal but other than that I could not be more pleased with the results.

I had mine done in 89 After surgery I kept asking the doctor how long before I could shoot his answer was 6 months. So after 6 months I started shooting but at times it was painful to shoot. It actually took about 14 months before everything was back to normal. They opened my shoulder for surgery, and it took 5&1/2 hours. The anastesia didn’t work and I was awake the entire time. They gave me a shoulder block, so I couldn’t feel anything.

Rotator Cuff surgery

Had my rotator cuff and tendon reattachment three years ago shoulder still hurts but I can function was shooting benchrest after 3 months but surgery was on opposite shoulder

Back