Old eyes?

Here is something I saved from our neighbors at 6mmBR.com.

TARGET SCOPES

Exit Pupil: Given objectives (front lens elements) of equal size, the more magnification the scope, the smaller the exit pupil.

Too small an exit pupil will make a good scope dim and hard to use.

That's why we advise against boosting the Weaver T-36 or the 36X Sightron.

With their respective 40mm and 42mm objectives, the exit pupil becomes too small when they are boosted beyond 36x. :)

Absolutely true. I had a booster for one of my Weaver 36's. Yes it made the target a bit larger but being another lens and not a coated lens made the object appear darker. I am sure my old eyes didn't help. Sold it to a fellow shooter next to me at a match and he loves it. He is at least 15 years younger than me. There are no free lunches anymore.

Donald

Buying from Bullzeyepro.com is the same as buying Gene Davis' scope power booster which I have found to work quite well both in the screw in and slip on versions, as long as you follow the directions exactly...............I still get the geezer fog from time to time, but this (Gene's) lens helps the eyestrain a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tired eyes

Buddy:
That's a sign of old age or eye strain. Happens to all of us. You can try refocusing your scope, and make sure if you are using glasses, that your prescription is correct . The scope you use has a lot to do with it as well. I've have some photo's I shot thru the scope and you can see the difference in the picture.. I'll post them for all when I get them transfered from my camera.

PS;
When in TX?
Top Photo is a NF42 and the Bottom is a Weaver 36X with a 3X adapter.
NF42.jpg

Weaver36w3X.jpg

Last edited:
It seems to me that after I shoot a few times by the 4th or 5th the target starts to blur real bad. Any one else have this problem? I try and shoot both with glasses and with out dont see any diffrence. I think my eyes get tired? Any answers?thanks Buddy

Seek medical advice from an eye doctor. Is not your vision the single most important factor in shooting? So why ask a bunch of internet schmucks? :eek:

Back