i never looked at anyone else's i thought they were
all like mine till i talked to another guy that has a 40x
i looked at the diagrams of parts and mine is missing something
i guess, if i drop a cartridge in the gun it falls in front of
the bolt real low if you try to shut the bolt it'll run it into
the bottom of the barrel, i've been just loading cartridges
into the chamber by hand. am i missing a feed ramp or something
there's a piece right in back of where the cartridge lays if i
lay one in the bottom on what looks like a centerfire feed ramp.
help.

There is a small metal channel/ramp that lays in the bottom of the receiver attached by a screw up through the bottom. I always feed the round into the chamber by hand to protect the bullet and wax, so I don't think you are missing much.

Mark

ejection is fine

i guess i don't have a full length feed ramp
i don't mind feeding with my fingers except
in the cold it gets awkward. i was shooting
it then my suhl and thought i wish the 40
was this easy then a friend said his was.
is there anyplace i can the parts i need so i
could try it and see if i like it better. is the
feed ramp normally part of the ejector?
i was thinking about trying gene davis tomorrow.

I just looked there's no hole or screw

in front of the ejector so i guess someone
either put a short one in or cut it off.

Rounds also tend to fall to the left side of the ramp rather than sitting on top. It's one design element that could be improved.

Mark

thanks guys

i'll call gene tomorrow and see if he's dug himself
out yet.

Rounds also tend to fall to the left side of the ramp rather than sitting on top. It's one design element that could be improved.

Mark

There is supposed to be a spring loaded filler piece in the LH locking lug raceway. With the bolt to the rear this filler piece should touch the loading ramp and keep the cartridge from falling off into the raceway. I have seen these that were really gummed up with wax and crud and not doing their job.

There is supposed to be a spring loaded filler piece in the LH locking lug raceway. With the bolt to the rear this filler piece should touch the loading ramp and keep the cartridge from falling off into the raceway. I have seen these that were really gummed up with wax and crud and not doing their job.

Interesting, I see what you are saying. I have 3 and they have the spring piece and are clean, but rounds will still fall off to the left. Maybe they are worn; I'll check. I've seen others complain in posts about the same issue but never saw a solution.

Mark

Last edited:
40x

Tom,

It sounds like you are saying you have an ejector piece in place, but no loading ramp. If so what you have is an ejector for the 40X clip fed sporter. This is not for use in the single shot. That loading ramp extends to the barrel breech.

Patriot,

If you have the filler piece in place and rounds still fall off left and down they are not working correctly. You should be able to press them in and on release they should spring back. Sometimes the spring can be broken and its not evident. Sometimes they are in a bind and other times just crud.

bjm

brian that sounds right

talked to gene this morning i'm missing the single shot ramp,
sidepiece and spring, he had all the pieces, i'll get 'em this
week. thanks everyone. tom c.

Back