Okay Ron, Here Are The Pictures

G

Gary Lemons

Here are some photos of the AZ Rapid that Ron saw at Kettlefoot this past weekend. Thanks to Rod Collins for some of the photos.

DSCN0607-sm.jpg

DSCN0609-sm.jpg

rod3.jpg

rod4.jpg

ss1.jpg

I told you guys it was pretty

Gary, I checked at home and see just enough room for that rifle to fit in my safe:D

Gary, I checked at home and see just enough room for that rifle to fit in my safe:D

Ron,
Everyone that knows me, knows anything I have can be bought...just how badly do you want it?:)

Gary

Gary, That is one beautiful stock. I can't wait to see what you do with the one you are working on for myself. We spoke yesterday and discussed coming up with something creative for the paint scheme. I can't wait to see the final product.

Keep up the good work and Thank You for posting the pictures.

Take Care,
Joe

Gary can paint a stock as well as anyone from what I have seen. :D

Nice gun Gary.

Brad

Man, oh man, now I'm psyched! If Joe's giving Gary total artistic freedom over his gun's color scheme, this gun is going to be a piece of work, not doubt about it. And, Gary, you are definitely going to have to post a picture or two of the finished product ....please!

Dave

Beautiful Stock Gary

Gary,that's the best looking stock I've ever seen. Well I guess your work's cut out for you. Now I would like mine to be just a little cooler than Joes'. Your reputation for the best stock painting is spread far and wide. Keep up the Great Work.
Your friend Fred

Dave, the initial color will be candy apple red, and whatever Gary decides to add to it.

Fred buddy, when I spoke with Gary, I mentioned how much you like Pink Cadillac's, i hope he grants your wish. :)

Take Care,
Joe

Thanks guys...now to see if everyone will be happy after all this back slapping and it gets down to spray time.

Joe, great inspiration for Fred's stock...Mary Kate candy pink with yellow swirls (Fred wanted yellow on it)....sort of like that hard Christmas candy that has no taste.

Anyway, there are some good looking colors on the way...maybe some of them will compliment each other.

Gary

That is one of the finest air rifles I have ever seen, Rod takes some great pics but these pics do not do the rifle justice. Garys paint job is outstanding, the colors just jump out at you.

Ron W.

Gary,
Nice looking stock! Looking at the green tins with the good looking target and your Rapid. I ASSUME you used them. I ordered several to try in my Rapid. Now I find out Rod wanted them in the picture because they looked good. Maybe they will work great in my Walther.
Dave is excited about the laminited stock and hopes to have it for my match this coming weekend. Looking forward to getting my stocks also.
Paul

What stock is that? Did AZ do the shroud on the barrel? What is he doing on Rapids now? Looks better than the USFT, must be the stock. Thanks.

Paul, sorry about that. Those pellets shot fantastic in the Walther LGR200 I sold to Ron. They may be the ticket for your match rifle too.

Hulk, the stock is one I helped design. Yes, that's an AZ shroud. Aside from the larger bolt handle, I'm not sure what all Allen did to tune the rifle. Whatever he did, it works.

Gary

Joe changes his mind

Gary, I spoke with Joe today and he asked that I contact you about his stock. He has changed his mind and would like it painted flat white with NO clearcoat. Apparently he wants something very simple with no flash. Thanks Gary. Fred

Fred,
No problem. I have some Krylon off white that was on sale...2 cans for a dollar that should work.

That's white for Joe and PINK for you...got it.

Gary

Wow.

All I can say is - WOW. The pics of that rifle alone make me want to get into airgun BR. I currently have an Anschutz LG250 that I play around with in my basement.

I have to ask - what does a rig like that cost, and where can I buy one.

SteveM.

All I can say is - WOW. The pics of that rifle alone make me want to get into airgun BR. I currently have an Anschutz LG250 that I play around with in my basement.

I have to ask - what does a rig like that cost, and where can I buy one.

SteveM.

Steve,
Allen Zasadny sells the basic rifle and I sell the stocks and paint jobs. We are just getting the stocks in....it's been a struggle going from prototype to production. So Wilbur doesn't interpet this as an ad, please email me at g_lemons@yahoo.com for more details. Thanks.

Gary

Gary,

Which Rapid action is that rifle based on?

The E-type has the narrow cylinder, but it has a "rear bolt.

The MFR and others use that bolt on your gun but also use the larger bottles. Is that an MFR with the bottle "fit" within the stock and a quick fill added to the end of the bottle?

If so, that's very nice work.

Hosé R.

Gary,

Which Rapid action is that rifle based on?

The E-type has the narrow cylinder, but it has a "rear bolt.

The MFR and others use that bolt on your gun but also use the larger bottles. Is that an MFR with the bottle "fit" within the stock and a quick fill added to the end of the bottle?

If so, that's very nice work.

Hosé R.

It's an MFR, and yes, the bottle is enclosed within the forearm. The bottle has AZ's quick-fill in the end.

Gary

Back