Offical Targets

M

mothball10x

On the offical Benchrest target,what is the size of the mothball ?
I measured from the edge of the black circle on one side to the edge of the black circle on the other side.
I have three different targets , one measures 5/16,one measures 3/8 and one measures 7/16.
Also the distance from the bottom of the black square to the mothball is different.
I don't have an offical target, the targets that I have ,I got from the internet.
Tom

On the offical Benchrest target,what is the size of the mothball ?
I measured from the edge of the black circle on one side to the edge of the black circle on the other side.
I have three different targets , one measures 5/16,one measures 3/8 and one measures 7/16.
Also the distance from the bottom of the black square to the mothball is different.
I don't have an offical target, the targets that I have ,I got from the internet.
Tom

I measured the inside of the mothball. It measures 3/8. Outside is 1/2 on official 100yd target

If it helps, here the cut-and-paste from the NBRSA rulebook:

(4) BENCHREST COMPETITION. The official 100-yard target for all registered bench rest rifle competition (designated as BR 100-2) shall have a "10 ring" of 1/2 inch outside diameter. The "9 ring" shall be 1 inch outside diameter. Succeeding rings shall increase 1/2 inch in outside diameter to and including the "6 ring". The Aiming Square shall be 1 inch square and placed at 12 o'clock tangent to the "8 ring". Older targets, with the Aiming Square tangent to the "9 ring", may be used until supply is exhausted. The thickness of sides of the Aiming Square will be 1/4 inch. The target shall have a black border line forming a rectangle 3 1/2 X 4 3/4 inches in size, which will be centered on a target card of approximately 8X 8 inches with no printing except the target inside the border line.

Back