Odd problem with a trigger

DSM:
If you will learn to seat the Wolf primers correctly you will find that they will shoot under most primers for SD's and ES's

Clarence

Clarence...I will experiment with seating them different. I know I had them bottomed out, but never crushed them or seated them hard when I used then in my XP. When I tried them in my Panda, I crushed and seated hard and they still gave me problems. Do you wanna buy 4700 primers? Lol :)

Last edited:
I would like to replace my firing pin spring to see if that helps with hangfires. Should I go with a factory Remington spring or try a Tubb Speedlock spring?

Well, another report back. I replaced the factory firing pin with a Tubb spring and test fired 15 rounds. I had one hangfire and one misfire. I am 100% certain I have a 4800 bad Wolf primers since they do the same thing in my 2 Pandas.

I am having a trigger issue that I can't pinpoint. It does it maybe once in 20 rounds.

It's hard to explain but will give it a try. What it is doing seems like a delay when it fires. It almost reminds me of how a flintlock fires, but much faster though. I can feel it happening and when that shot fires, its like an inch or so from my group. Its very annoying and unpredictable. I've had the trigger out and cleaned it. I can dry fire it over and over again and can't replicate the problem.

Anyone have similar experience with a trigger? Any suggestions?
Try a little more sear engagement and more overtravel clearance, almost to the point of trigger creep.

Well, another report back. I replaced the factory firing pin with a Tubb spring and test fired 15 rounds. I had one hangfire and one misfire. I am 100% certain I have a 4800 bad Wolf primers since they do the same thing in my 2 Pandas.

me too

Wolf claims to have a 100% guarantee on their products. I am going to call and see if I can get an rma number to ship the primers back. I got them in 09, so not sure what they will do. Will report back with results.

Yeahh, that sounds about right for mine too. I dunno exactly, I just threw some onto a PVI order "a couple years ago."

I've got 900 I'll sell too (only bought 1,000). Don't go bang quite often enough in several rifles. First time in 50 years I've had a primer problem I can't figure out, which might only be a testimonial to my stupidity. Or maybe it's those Wolf anvils that keep falling out. . .

Well, talked to Wolf today and they would indeed take the primers back and reimburse my shipping fees to ship them back. One problem, I can't find a local hazmat shipper. The place I got them at won't accept returns. So I guess I'm stuck with them. They are cheap now, so not worth the hassle to sell them. When I purchased them, they were double what they sell for now.

I guess its easy for Wolf to make a 100% guarantee since the average Joe can't ship them back!

Lesson learned, stick with the tried and true!

Back