O.F. Mossberg rifle question

S

Spiderman

I got a O.F. Mossberg model 144LS-B 22LR Rifle while back but have never had a chance to try it.
It has a 27in bull barrel and peep sights.
Does anyone have any info on one of these?

Do they shoot well and what kind of class can it be used in at a shoot?
With a barrel that big it's got to be good for something.:D

Spiderman

very nice target gun!

I got a nice 144 LSB several months back- mine shoots about 1/2" to 5/8" at 50 yards, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less less. I think it will do better- shoots really nice for a couple groups then decides to run off to the beer joint or something, then comes back! i think it will need free floating the bbl and a proper bedding job. There is a great bunch of Mossberg guys on RimFire Central http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51 joe:)

I got a O.F. Mossberg model 144LS-B 22LR Rifle while back but have never had a chance to try it.
It has a 27in bull barrel and peep sights.
Does anyone have any info on one of these?

Do they shoot well and what kind of class can it be used in at a shoot?
With a barrel that big it's got to be good for something.:D

Spiderman

I have seen some shoot very good,i had one,bedded it and free floated the barrel,with eley 10-x ultimate eps,it would shoot .2 at 50 yards.
There are several shooters with them at our club,they perform pretty well against custon rifles and 40x's and anchutz.

Thanks for the info

I knew someone would have experience with one of these. When I get a chance to mount a scope I will let you know how it does. The trigger seems to be around 2lbs. Not to bad.

Once again thanks
Spiderman

Back