Not your typical target, but...

D

Dupont Spinner

I simply could not resist when presented with this fleeting target. I nailed it with my CZ 453 Varmint, using Wolf MT, with a Nikon 6X18 scope.

As I noted on another forum, I've seen several photos like this and thought maybe one day I might get a chance to splatter a fly on the target sheet. All in all, this really made my day. :)

2040055960098922291KxsgTd_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm still trying...they always seem to fly away about the time I pull the trigger.:D However, I did clip off the stem of a sunflower the other day waving in the wind. Ok.....I know.....lucky shot!

;)

Jim B.

Yep

it is kinda fun shooting them little buggers at 50 yds. Plays heck when one lands on a match target and someone shoots quickly without thinking of what there doing. Stump did this at a match one time, didn't do his score much good, but made for a good laugh.

Steve,

I have seen flies splattered in the 10 ring before. No, is wasn't me that did it. You should get bonus points for that!

Ken

Instead of saying"Help me", like in the movie "The Fly", I bet it said "Ah $#!%"

We hold The Annual 50 Yard Fly Shoot in Corning Iowa at a family reunion each year. It so happens it was just last weekend!

We rent a farm house for the parties, and there is a feed lot about a 1/2 mile away.

We set up some surplus 30 x 30" blank white paper for each bench (2 picnic tables) at 50 yards. Some catfish bait sprinkled on the ground in front of the paper really brings them in. They like to land on the blank paper. Not sure why though.

We had 6 members this past weekend using everything from a few 10/22s to an Anschutz to my latest 40X and I even worked a bunch of them over with a .22 benchrest air rifle.

The best shot of the day was a youngster thought he had a huge "horse" fly in his sights...it was a pair mating. He drilled them both!

hoser

Fly shooten!

That is a ball,we used to shoot them a lot at the range.The best 50 yd. run i saw was my buddy "Dale the Man" when he ran 29 straight without a miss.
Colt.45

With the fly shot, should thought be given to the effect that if you call a fly shot at a match and leave a splatter, it should not be held against you for score, but if you miss, that is you shot of record? ha

:):D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back