not enough adjustemnt with NF 12x42 ? something isnt right!

red",,,,,did you get it figgered out????....you had some of the best shooters around giving some great advice,,,,we are always anxious to help and like to know if we helped enuff to get your problem solved,,!!???...Roger

First what is the velocity and with what bullet? i never had trouble at 1000 with a NF. 12 - 42 with a Dasher and a 105 at 2900 fps. zeroed at 100 yds. i came up 24 - 25 min. and you will get a hit. Barrel index maybe the problem, but i would bet you are shooting very slow. A test would be remove the mount an set on a flat mount and center your scope adjustments count the clicks and put it in the center and get a big target at 100 and shoot a group and see where it ends up. if it is low big time you have your answer……. jim

Just shot for the first time at 1000yd this weekend. The equipt list is Stolle Panda with fixed rib mount base. 107 gr Sierra MK @ about 2930fps and a 8-32 Sightron. The up clicks were 1 and 1/2 turns on the turret over a 600yd zero @ sea level. Shooting was in hot dry air at 1699 feet elevation. The Panda has no provision for elevation changes. JBM states that the approximate zero at 100 yds is around 28.4 inches high. With the 20 minute base there should be only about 8.5" of elevation needed to get close to a 1000yd zero. The conclusion would seem to be that the problem is extremely low velocity or as has been suggested the barrel is pointing downward in relation to the action or mount bases.

Usually, you can get 5 or 10 moa with the Burris rings,
But seems you are stretching past the practical limits of straight 6br.

A lot of replies to a "first time poster" who has not replied back to the thread or anyone's advise in over a month.
Good replies all the same.....
Donovan

If you read the posts that is not true.
The original 30mm rings has 5 and 10 inserts available, which meant up to 20 moa was available.
The new rings have 5, 10 and 20 inserts which means up to 40 moa is available.

a straight 6 br. with 100+gr.bullets....will get to 1K yds. just fine.............. it is the basis for the improved versions.....dasher,6brx,6xc.........
bill

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but my Quickload says that with a 30" barrel, a 6BR will drop 31 MOA at 1000yd with 30gr Varget and 36.2 MOA with 28 gr Varget. Or, 2840fps vs 2677fps.
That is 5.2 MOA or 52 inches at 1000 yd!

Or clearly outside the scope's adjustability!

I picked the 28gr load based on a new rifle owner loading to lawyer set max loads!

I had a similar problem the other day when fire forming loads for my 6BRX. I usually do that at 200yd, but I did it at practice the other day at 1000 yd. I couldn't get on paper! This from a gun that shoots competitively with normal 6BRX loads at 1000 yds. My solution was to aim at a dirt clod on the berm! So much for fire forming with 30g Varget in a 6BRX chamber! It does shoot good fireforming tho!

i AGREE!

Yep you can get 5 or 10 moa with the burris rings,
but i think you are stretching past the practical limits of straight 6br.

There is a reason why people shoot 6mm dasher for 1000 yds.

Yer pushin' things. 25 MOA Kelbly rings with the same scope gets me enough room to go from 100 to 1K. WITH A DASHER 107's,32.7 G Varget Do not think the br has enough ....

Simply my experience/opinion

LASER

Back