NorthEast Regional Championship 6/28-29, need a head count...

Renegade

It's getting close folks, just a little over two weeks until the third annual NorthEast Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Championship at Salem, NY. We've got some pretty nice items to give away including a CZ200S rifle in a custom BR stock, donated by Paul Bendix. The rifle used to belong to me and I have shot several 250's with it in LV class. Brian Kelly has made a very generous donation of cash prizes for the top three shooters in the HV/BIPM (British International Postal Match) and I'll be giving away one of my custom BR stocks. We're also working with some of the larger Air Rifle retailers and hope to have more prizes by match time.

The range will be open for practice all day Friday and we'll start the competition off Sat. morning at 9am with a 50 shot Field Target match on our woods course. For those not participating in the FT match, the BR range will be open for practice until lunchtime. We'll shoot LV class Sat. afternoon and follow that with a bbq dinner. Sunday morning we'll start off with the HV/BIPM followed by more grillin' and wrap up the weekend with Open Class.

Fees will be $15 for the FT match ($10 if you don't stick around for lunch) and $25 for each BR class. Lunch both days, dinner on Sat. and beverages are all included in your match fee. We will award plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in LV, HV, Open 25m, Open 50y and combined LV, HV and Open 25m agg.

Please drop me a PM, E-mail or phone call at 518-796-0768 if you plan to attend or have any questions.

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club is located at 416 Black Creek Rd, Salem NY, about an hour north of Albany on the VT border. We have 16 concrete benches under cover with an additional 400sq feet of covered area for your gear. Camping is allowed at the club with access to the indoor bathrooms and limited electric power for RV's.

Looking forward to another weekend full of great shooting, eating and comraderie! Anyone is welcome no matter your skill or experience level!
Todd

Last edited:
Todd,

One question: will we be shooting 2 (HV & Open 25M) or 3 (HV, Open 25M & Open 50Y) Classes on Sunday? From your post it sounds like the latter of the two.

Dave

Dave,
My original plan was to run just two matches and give the Open shooters a choice on what distance they wanted to shoot. Now it's looking like the turnout may be light enough to allow us to shoot separate Open matches. We'll play it by ear, either way I've got plaques for both distances.

Todd,

May I make a suggest??? If the attendance is down and we are going to shoot both Open distances, why not do the LV and then one on Saturday and then the HV and other on Sunday, either that or LV and HV on Saturday with the two Opens on Sunday (two Clases each day) like last year. That way, even though we're not starting until after lunch on Saturday, it wouldn't matter how late we ran as everyone is staying over anyway, and then on Sunday we could wrap everything up a little earlier and hit the road.

No matter which way you decide to go, it's all good with me.

Thanks,

Dave

Excellent suggestion Dave! The date will be off by a day on one set of plaques but I don't think anyone will care about that. We'll do it!
Todd

I just checked next weekends weather for the Salem, NY area, and we couldn't ask for better. Both Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be in the mid 80's, under clear skies and with breezes in the 3 to 6 MPH range.

See you there.

Dave

Back