NorthEast Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Champion, Salem NY, June 28-29

Renegade

The Salem Pistol and Rifle Club will be hosting the third annual NorthEast Regional Air Rifle Benchrest Championship on Sat/Sun June 28-29 with open practice at the range on Fri June 27. We're still in the planning stages but in an effort to introduce the much larger NE Field Target group to BR I am planning on a 40 or 50 target FT match Sat. morning followed by LV class in the afternoon and HV and Open Class on Sun. The BR range will be open for practice Sat. morning for those not wishing to participate (or spectate) in the FT match.
No pre-registration is required but if you could please let me know here on the forum or by e-mail or phone (518-796-0768) if you are planning on attending it'll help me plan the meals. We will supply a bbq lunch Sat. and Sun as well as dinner on Sat. after the shooting is done, all included in your match fee. Free soda and water will be available all three days.

Paul Bendix has graciously offered to give away the CZ200S that I took with me to the Nationals in 2011. This rifle is in a custom Bubinga/Black Walnut BR stock and has shot several 250's. I will also give away a custom BR stock of my design. I'm working with a couple of the largest Air Rifle dealers in the country and hope to be able to have enough door prizes so that nobody walks away empty handed.

Camping with limited electrical access (no water or sewer hook-ups) is permitted at the range and if anyone wishes to bring a cot and bunk in the clubhouse they are more than welcome to do so.
The two closest hotels to the range are in Cambridge NY, approximately 10 miles from the club. They are the Blue Willow -518-677-3552 and the Peace Be Still-518-677-5524. There are a couple of hotels in Schuylerville NY, about 17 miles from the range, including the Old Saratoga Motor Inn- http://www.oldsaratogamotorinn.com/. Bennington and Manchester VT are each about 30 miles from Salem as is Saratoga Springs NY and those towns have many chain hotels. The area also has numerous B&B's.

Hope to see the entire NE crowd as well as some new faces this year!
Todd Banks

Todd,

I'll be there, and looking forward to it. With all that's planned let's hope for good weather and light breezes all the way.

Dave Shattuck

I had forgotten all about the BIPM when I posted the match announcement (It's been a long week:eek:) but Brian Kelly just jogged my memory with a very generous sponsorship for the HV/BIPM match to be shot Sunday morning during the NE Regional. $100 for 1st place, $75 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd. Thanks Brian!
Todd

Thank you Brian. As if there weren't enough to go for already, you've just upped the challenge.

Dave

I won't be able to make this one

I have a match scheduled I must run, otherwise, I would be there.

Pete

Pete,
I'm sorry if I scheduled this match on top of one of yours...I thought I'd checked all of the North East rimfire and air rifle schedules thoroughly before I chose the dates just so this wouldn't happen:(
Todd

Poor Communication

Pete,
I'm sorry if I scheduled this match on top of one of yours...I thought I'd checked all of the North East rimfire and air rifle schedules thoroughly before I chose the dates just so this wouldn't happen:(
Todd

Our RF match schedule got published so late, I am not surprised there is a glitch. My schedule wasn't published until early April, I think it was. It was set @ the club last October though. Too much going on I guess.

Nice going @ the Nats, by the way. You and Paul showed em your metal, for sure. Hope to see you some place this summer. I hope to get to Salem at least once.

Pete

Back