Nightforce Reticle

Frank B

Seriously looking to buy a Nightforce 12-42 Benchrest scope. Lot of money on my retirement budget. I would like to get the proper reticle for 600-1000 the first time. Looks like the NP-2DD or CH-3. Which is the #1 choice for most old folks? Thanks. Frank

The CH-3 has a .125-MOA Dot which is only .07-MOA @ 42X, which I feel is on the small side for 600-1000 targeting.
The CH-2 has a .200-MOA Dot and I feel is better then the CH-3 for LR-Targeting.
The NP-2DD has a .1875-MOA Dot and is the reticle that I like best.

Good Luck
Donovan Moran

Last edited:
I have 4 different NF's with three different reticals. It don't matter a hill of beans to me. In fact. other than my 8 - 32 that I use for hunting (NP R2) , I couldn't tell you which reticle was on what gun. Your eye will naturally find the "important place"!! ;)

I have decided on a reticle. All the dealers seem to be stuck on $1428. Is there a better deal out there? Thanks. Frank

Frank B: Have 3, with the NP-2DD & 1 with the NP-R2. Can't decide which I prefer the most. To me, it's a tie vote. Can't go wrong with either.

As to price, Nightforce controls the price. If a dealer gets caught discounting them, they lose their NF dealership. The only way they can get around that is to offer free shipping & some will offer discounts on non optical purchases.

There are some very good prices on the used market, BR 12-42x's going for somewhere in the $1200 range, and the forever warranty for no matter who owns it is excellent protection if it does need work. I bought 2 of mine new and 2 were used. All excellent scopes.

Thanks for all the replies. I just ordered one with the NP2DD. There goes my last excuse for poor shooting. Later! Frank

Back