Nightforc 42x44 comp

Just heard that this scope might be discontinued. I have one and was just starting to like this model. I just talked to Nightforce not long ago and asked if there would be any chance of them making a 50 power with more choices of dot size like march has on there scopes, ther answer was no. Have they changed their mind and are making a new model? Or are they just going to stop making comp.scopes?

Just heard that this scope might be discontinued. I have one and was just starting to like this model. I just talked to Nightforce not long ago and asked if there would be any chance of them making a 50 power with more choices of dot size like march has on there scopes, ther answer was no. Have they changed their mind and are making a new model? Or are they just going to stop making comp.scopes?

Yes it has been discontinued. When the current stock runs out that is it. No new scope.
They pointed me to there variable 15-55 as another option (which I said was to heavy) or they could advise me who had current stock available.

Like you I was hoping for an update, as I have a couple on my rifles now. Have had them for a couple of years.

I can only think that they didn’t sell enough of these to warrant manufacture or have they just tricked us and will release a new 50x at the shot show next year.
We can dream can’t we

Michael

Last edited:
I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on another one, the clarity and construction of this scope is solid. i will wait to see if they will come up with something diff-in the near future, until then the march high master 48x52 looks to be a good alternative.

Last edited:
March High Master 48x52

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on another one, the clarity and construction of this scope is solid. i will wait to see if they will come up with something diff-in the near future, until then the march high master 48x52 looks to be a good alternative.

I have one and it is a real good alternative. It replaced a Leupold 45x45.

I suspect poor sales is the culprit. The scope was intended for Short Range Benchrest, there just isn't that many of us out there.

I think they missed the market. The trend is toward higher magnification in the 100/200/300 and game. That 42x was a detriment from the start.

I bought three when the first appeared, and sold all three when March introduced the 48x High Master.

Yes slow sales is the problem but the stopped making it for now. They are using a tactic like Harley Davison did, create a shortage. Then they can raise the price then they will make them a gain..... jim

I looked in to this and emailed Nightforce...

Here is their response:

Jim,

When we developed the Competition 42x, we knew it would be in place to serve a smaller number of shooters than other segments of the market. Because the market for these is so small, it’s not equitable for us to keep them in constant production.

We will call the 42x a discontinued item in 2019. Even so, we have a good quantity of them on hand and will continue to sell them.

Additionally, we will be able to produce more in the future, as demand arises. It will likely be on a limited run basis, though.

Sincerely,

Dealer Sales
Nightforce Optics, Inc.

I have one of the 15 - 55's and a couple of the 42X's. For short range benchrest, there's no need for the low end power of the 15 - 55. The clarity of the scope on 55X is something else though. The 15-55 is heavy, but if they had a fixed power scope with a 55X then it would really be good. I'm like Jackie, in that I also like the March 48X. I've shot my best aggs with that scope and holding point of impact is the primary requesite of a benchrest scope.

Back