New to rimfire benchrest

C

crv42ky

hi, im kinda new to all this but im just wondering what are the most typical matches for rimfire shooting, been shooting palma for the last few years but not really in the mood for centerfire stuff (i.e. reloading lol)
So also i guess what do you all shoot, i got some cz varmiters in .22, will that suffice?
ty for your response

I'm going to warn you that some people are going to claim you need $6000 worth of rifles to shoot RFBR, but it isn't true. A CZ will get you started in the sporter division of IR50/50. As far as I'm concerened use whatever you have, or can afford. The more shooters the better. Don't make a high dollar investment until you know you like it. Check the rules of the different sanctioning bodies on the home page of BRC

I started with one

hi, im kinda new to all this but im just wondering what are the most typical matches for rimfire shooting, been shooting palma for the last few years but not really in the mood for centerfire stuff (i.e. reloading lol)
So also i guess what do you all shoot, i got some cz varmiters in .22, will that suffice?
ty for your response

If your rifle will shoot 25 rounds into something like a .4" group at 50 yards and If you are perfectly zeroed in, you could shoot a perfect 250 in 50/50. That won't happen easily because of the wind.

The CZ 452 is a very good entry level rifle. You will be able to shoot in the pack in many matches with it. I started with one and learned a lot with it.

Concho Bill

Trigger for CZ 452 ?

I am also new to this game. I did buy another BR shooter's sporter rifle, with a known good performing past, and am happy that I did. I do have a CZ 452 Lux, but my gunsmith said the trigger couldn't be made any lighter than about 3 pounds. Since I got this rifle for shooting 3 position and those rules require a 3 pound trigger, I didn't go further. But I can't imagine shooting benchrest with anything but a very light trigger. So my question for the general benchrest population is, does anyone make a drop in trigger that can be adjusted to the light ounces ?

There are several alternatives for the CZ triggers--I recommend you go to Rimfire Central and read/search the CZ forum for more info.

I am also new to this game. I did buy another BR shooter's sporter rifle, with a known good performing past, and am happy that I did. I do have a CZ 452 Lux, but my gunsmith said the trigger couldn't be made any lighter than about 3 pounds. Since I got this rifle for shooting 3 position and those rules require a 3 pound trigger, I didn't go further. But I can't imagine shooting benchrest with anything but a very light trigger. So my question for the general benchrest population is, does anyone make a drop in trigger that can be adjusted to the light ounces ?

With a Brooks trigger kit I have my 452 down to 6 oz. and I could go further.

I'm with Mooseyard,

I'm new to rimfire BR. Get in and get some trigger time with the CZ. By the time you have done everything you can to the CZ you will know how bad you want to play the game and it won't have cost you a second mortgague. ;-)

Nigel

I'm with Mooseyard,

I'm new to rimfire BR. Get in and get some trigger time with the CZ. By the time you have done everything you can to the CZ you will know how bad you want to play the game and it won't have cost you a second mortgague. ;-)

Nigel

It takes a guy from Tasmania to cut to the chase.:) Don't worry about the trigger or scope or bullets. Just bring that CZ to the range on match day and get started.

Concho Bill:)

sweet

awsome, thanks guys. ill check whats around my area.
:):)

crv42ky,

If you post where your area is, somebody here will get you to a match. Like the man said, go shoot, don't worry about it. Don't buy ANYTHING until you get to a couple matches and talk to the shooters.

Ken

ty for your response

We simply ordered a box of USBR targets and jumped in last year at our local club. As you can see from this lengthy attached thread, we have grown steadily in numbers. Everything from $150 Savage plinkers to $1,300 Anschutz heavy rifles. Learning as we go, being safe, and having fun.

http://rimfireshooting.com/index.php?showtopic=1822

Back