new summer fun league in Maryland

bob finger

Starting May 5 and continuing through the summer we are holding a Tuesday evening fun league at Salisbury Gun Club in Salisbury Maryland. 12 covered benches, lighted, good friends and a bit of competition. This league will be held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesday evening of each month May through October starting at 6:30 PM sharp. Complete rules are posted at the rifle range. Basically its a rim fire benchrest match, using the PSL target at 50 Meters. 5 relays per evening, time permitting. (cease fire is 9:00 by club rule) You can shoot one or up to all 5 relays depending on attendance (if someone is waiting for a bench you might be sitting a relay out). Cash awards for high score each relay and each event and league top 3 10 out of 14 targets. No one piece rests, no rail guns and your ammo must cost less than $12.00 per box of 50. $5.00 per card is the cost. Come join us if you are in the area, be it once or for all 14 sessions. PM me for full details if you need more information or directions to the Salisbury Gun Club. I intend to be at the range each league day by 2:00 PM for those wishing to come practice. Thanks. bob finger

Sounds like it will be a good time. Just remember, unless you are a SGC member or the immediate family member of an SGC member, your practice session before the shoot will cost you an additional $4.00. Also, Bob, I would approach Jody about supplying chow and snacks.;) Lets see what new competition we can draw in, come on guys...... show us Easternsho' boys what ya got!:D

Thought I would bump it to the top. Come join us if you can. I will also be posting results here after every match night...under "Salisbury Summer League Results".

You know its coming so you can skip the thread if results don't interest you. But, we will be shooting at the PSL target outside under controlled conditions before the first outdoors PSL match......might be interesting to see. By the way I have yet to shoot a 2000 outside on the PSL target. Thanks. bob finger

I'll be there, although the weather is looking bad. But, if no one shows due to rain, I'm claiming the win.:D

Mike

Don: Usually none. That is a good thing. But 50's are far more frequent than I would like, and 25's really bring the scores down quick. Remember you have to touch that little bitty dot for a 100. It ain't nearly as easy as one would think.

My last ten outdoor targets averaged 1665 with 5.2 X's. I did not keep them, but don't recall a single zero on those ten. High target of the ten was 1900-8X, low was 1475-2X. (eyeballed only no plug used)

Just finished the first night of league...13 PSL targets shot and scores ranged from 1150 to 2000 in heavy rain and very dark skies. Its going to be really interesting when we get to Kettlefoot. bob finger

Back