New Suhl's ??

H

Hank

I see that there are some Suhl 150-1's for sale...are they the same as the ones that were available 15 - 20 years ago or are they a different model..

The old ones came with a case (sometimes) and sights and inserts...

Hank

Hank,

The Suhls were made from 1973 for a date of origin to 1991 for the last known year that I know of. All Suhls have been said to shoot. The latter Suhls shot I believe as good as the earlier Suhls. Precision Shooter has 1974 for the Suhls as a date of origin. But I have found a legit source that says Dec of 1973 was in fact when the first Suhls were made. The earlier Suhls were the model 150. I believe they also made some Suhl Biathlon 150's. The latter Suhls were the Suhl 150-1 model. Some of these had the split comb stocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

so the later rifle may not be the same as the earlier ones...that is what I needed to know...

I know from experience that the 150's shot very well but I have to think and do a little research on the 150-1's.

Thanks,
Hank

I have a Suhl 150-1, that we bought several 2 years ago NIB from Century. It has an adjustable comb stock. If I am reading the date right it was manufactured in Oct. 1990. Great rifle, shoots on par with my Anschutz Match 54.

I have a Suhl 150-1, that we bought several 2 years ago NIB from Century. It has an adjustable comb stock. If I am reading the date right it was manufactured in Oct. 1990. Great rifle, shoots on par with my Anschutz Match 54.

I believe it was Century where I found the Suhls that they said were stamped 1991 and to the best of my knowledge that is the last known year.

I still have yet to shoot a more accurate factory rimfire barrel than a Suhl.

Sometimes I ask myself why I re-barreled mine. It would shoot tiny holes for groups. Mine was stamped 11/74.

My trigger is lighter than my Anschutz "Hair Trigger" and it was measured at 2.5 Oz. Guessing the Suhl 150-1 is approximately 1 Oz.

Mine also came with the sights in a white plastic box with Suhl's Logo on it. However, I find that the used Kimber Sights from CMP were better than the Suhl factory sights, or at least they were to me.

Last edited:
I got my Suhl trigger down to 1.5oz measured on a good trigger scale. I later moved it back to 2oz. It was going off every now and then when I would let others shoot it. I guess they were slamming the bolt too hard. But on 2oz it doesn't go off till ready now.

Have never had a slam fire on my Suhl. Then again I am the only one who really shoots it. There are 5 in the local area all 150-1's and no complaints that I've heard of with the trigger being to light. A couple of broken triggers that got fixed by the owners...pot metal triggers replaced with ones made from bar stock alumimnum.

Thanks

for all the information....

The one I had years ago shot great and I was hoping these were the same quality..

Hank

Back