New sizer die leaves marks.

the guy with the broke neck. I got it out with his cleaning brush.
He still had 2 min.(20 rounds 30 min. Varmint shoot.) he didn't finish. Complained about lack of time.
but, I saved his barrel.
The next time he broke a neck. He bought a new barrel. maybe 200 rounds. And a nice shooting barrel.....
gunsmith told him it was a neck die.... The guy who sold it lied to him......

die scratch

At Lake City just about every shoulder die we changed would scratch after a while, they were vertical scratches though. You could probably lap that scratch out if you had access to a lapping head and some emery. It would probably be easier to send it back though. Let them lap it out.

I don't see a problem with scratches on the brass. If there is a problem, tell me what it is.....please.

I don't see a problem with scratches on the brass. If there is a problem, tell me what it is.....please.

No real problem of any kind. Purely aesthetics. I have a B3 Harrels I used for several years and I got some dirt in it that put scratches in the case, after letting it irritate me for about a year I broke down and ordered a new one. There was a silver lining as I found out they now make a B35 and I like it much better, it cured most of my bolt click.
Dick

Good evening guys. I posted before that I would let you know what came of this extra marks on the brass. I talked to a fellow with the company after sending the die back and sure as rain he was good on all I needed.
Turns out (with my luck) the die had a burr turn down after drilling that got over looked to be honed . The die just needed to be tuned and all is good , stuff happens, that's the way it is. Seeings I was sending things across the
US I sent a couple of fire formed brass with the funked die and asked to have a custom made as well. Thanks Al for the tips, (I goofed a time or two but got the hang of it) all good. And thanks Dusty for the advice on which die to try(good folks to talk to).
You guys have a good evening and like I said before, Don't let cabin fever set in so soon, we got all winter.
Thanks Tom J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its nice to deal with shooting companies. Theyre always the best with customer service. I knew whomever you went with would make you happy. It just goes along with all our die makers- theyre great

Back