New Scope Question

Dave S

NRA Benefactor Member
I need another scope for a new BR rifle, and now that Weaver is no more, I am trying to decide between at Mueller 40X56 scope and a Sightron Sii 36X42 .. Has anyone tried the Mueller and if so, what did you think of it.. I know that quite a few competitors use the Sightron, so I am needing some input on which one to choose...

Thanks

Dave

Sightron vs Mueller

The 36 X 42 Sightron is much brighter than the Muller 42X, You might look into the newer Sightrons. They compare in brightness and clarity to my 12X42 x 52 Nightforce. Their pricey, buy very bright and clear. I'm too over stocked in scopes right now or that's what I would buy. Hope you and Pat are doing well.

It's not what you asked about

but this by far the best bang for your buck. They are damn clear and as good as the 15-55 in poi and anything else. They are just slightly less bright at 42 power than the 15-55 at 42 power, but I have yet to find a time that it really matters. I am not a big fan of the fine crosshair only, or I would buy some of these just to have. I have shot just about everything else and I always go back to Nightforce. I really wish these would have been available when I shot short range centerfire.

https://www.eurooptic.com/C559-NF-Nightforce-COMPETITION-Lightweight-42x44mm.aspx

The 36 X 42 Sightron is much brighter than the Muller 42X, You might look into the newer Sightrons. They compare in brightness and clarity to my 12X42 x 52 Nightforce. Their pricey, buy very bright and clear. I'm too over stocked in scopes right now or that's what I would buy. Hope you and Pat are doing well.

Thanks for the input Fred... Hope you and Dorothy are doing well... Been a long time....

Dave

A friend sold me one

but this by far the best bang for your buck. They are damn clear and as good as the 15-55 in poi and anything else. They are just slightly less bright at 42 power than the 15-55 at 42 power, but I have yet to find a time that it really matters. I am not a big fan of the fine crosshair only, or I would buy some of these just to have. I have shot just about everything else and I always go back to Nightforce. I really wish these would have been available when I shot short range centerfire.

https://www.eurooptic.com/C559-NF-Nightforce-COMPETITION-Lightweight-42x44mm.aspx

last fall with a dot in it, which I was very glad to get. Before that, I had considered buying a fine crosshair only and having the reticle changed. I called Nightforce and they had 2 of the dot reticles left at the time to swap.. I did better buying the one from a friend so went that route. They may still have those reticles if anyone is interested.

Pete

Back