new scope on the horizon

Time Will Tell Jerry

You know what they say about opinions, I'm sure, but I haven't changed my mind any yet. I certainly understand that anything can malfunction but, in my mind, the simpler one can make anything and the more durable, the better the chance it has to survive.

Jackie said that the Burris has a great erector tube mounting system in it but one of the scopes I sent him had a loose Turret; newish scope. So, it ain't all erector tube one has to worry about. I think most shooters are not qualified to repair and or check all the components of their scopes for soundness. Perhaps we should be.

I am the kind of person who will admit when he is wrong and will change his mind when given credible information. The jury is still out.

You know what they say about opinions, I'm sure, but I haven't changed my mind any yet. I certainly understand that anything can malfunction but, in my mind, the simpler one can make anything and the more durable, the better the chance it has to survive.

Jackie said that the Burris has a great erector tube mounting system in it but one of the scopes I sent him had a loose Turret; newish scope. So, it ain't all erector tube one has to worry about. I think most shooters are not qualified to repair and or check all the components of their scopes for soundness. Perhaps we should be.

I am the kind of person who will admit when he is wrong and will change his mind when given credible information. The jury is still out.

I bought 2 new leupold 36 silver dot scopes back in the last year of production,one had a loose turret the other had a locked paralax ajusting ring.
Threw one in the trash can at Lakeland and still have the other one,It has given me good service,also had 5 weaver 36 x and all gave good service,but loose turrets are something that can happen,heck,i just paid $2300 for a well known long time gun make that shot loose in the stock,the adjustable comb worked loose,but it was a simple matter of me not checking the gun before shooting it.

Back