New kid on the block

tim

Has anybody felt, used or fondled, in person the new Weaver XL 46x target scopes. 48mm objective, 30 mm tube, side focus. It would appear at a little over 8 bills street price it's a fair piece of equipment to give the LCS a run for the money. There are very few out there but it seems to be pretty much under the radar.

I just called Killough, and the nice person that I spoke with weighed the new 36 (1") and the 46 , without lens caps they weighed 16 and 22 ounces respectively.

Lee,
I would imagine so, since the lady at Killough Shooting Sports weighed the two that I posted about while I waited.
Boyd

Dan has a few out the door, pretty much to the rimfire crowd so far. Weaver has not exactly been getting the word out to vendors. I get the impression they're just trickling in so far.

Just got the Weaver 46X XR scope with the fine crosshair. On my digital postal scale it weighs 24.0 ozs without the lens covers. About 16" long. Looks well made with a 48mm objective lens. Should have a little more light gathering ability than the Leupold 45's, but it is heavier than the Leupold by almost 4 ozs. Gonna try it on one of my LV guns that could make weight with it.

Attachments

• P7030242.jpg
    P7030242.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 325
  • P7030244.jpg
    P7030244.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 447
I got one from Bruno's. The dot appears to be same size as the X dot on the 100 yd score target. Nice & clear.

Regards,
Ron

Back