New Gun Building Advice for .22 BR 50 10/22

A new thought. What about a .22 cal BR bolt action rifle. Any thoughts as too a competition rifle?
Thanks for all the info especially on wind flags.
Dalek

I have no problem with matches doing what is needed to increase attendance and get shooters involved. Calling it Vintage is what blew my mind.
I got a bad taste on 10/22's years ago. My younger brother thought the Ruger was the finest squirrel rifle invented. Then I challenged him to a match with my $100 home made Tennessee poorboy flintlock. He was too embarrased to carry the Ruger after that.
I am sure that it is possible to do enough custom work to most anything and make it shoot.
Joe
Sorry if I stepped on your toe

Nope, didn't step on my toes. I have real thick skin, too. By the way, we've met at Dixon's. I also post over at AmericanLongRifles occasionally, although not too often lately.

Kid

Hey Dalek ,

Have you checked out KID yet? If so what did you think?

No toes stepped on here either, I cant understand things that are right in front om me sometimes. Sometimes I need to be smacked in the face to see them....must be the Italian in me.

Hey Dave, the build came with 1 mag that Tony tunes to that rifle so I ordered 3 extra all tuned to that rifl

I would still like to see a semi-auto class in BR.........?

Joe L.

looks like these rugers are being shot at benchrest matches more and more ,that is a very nice looking one.
thanks for the pic.Dr.Orwell

KID Bolt & Speed mag release

2na4avd.jpg

Tony scallops his bolts instead of jewlling them....they hold more lub and the scalloping last longer.
On thing thats awful on stock 10/22's are there mag release. This new KID speed mag release is awsome....I can flip it with my middle finger while my trigger finger is still inside the triger guard.
And the straight trigger is awsome as well....and can be canted if need be for off hand shooting.
I need to put a scope on this thing......can anyone suggest a good Illuminated scope for around $300

Joe L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I checked out the KIDD rifle and talked to them. I am still not sure if I will go auto or bolt action. Still looking for a bolt action builder.
Thanks, Dalek

10 22

a friend and I had Tony Kidd build us 2 custom 10 22's each about 5-6 yrs ago. 3 Hart's and one Lilja, on Force actions, with Kidd triggers. Kiff reamer. We have shot many many 5 shot fifty yard groups in the zero's with black box and tenex eps off sandbags. Tuners work ! They are competitive in silhouette matches. Off a Fudd top, scores will run as high as 242-243 on the USBR tgt. Due to the fact that they shoot much tighter groups with a certain hold which is a bit slow to obtain, they will never compete with a full-on bolt BR setup on a 1-piece rest. To obtain consistent accuracy typical 'heat-in-the barrel' and cleaning regimens concerns must be addressed on an individual basis. A money shoot on the USBR tgt with a 3 minute time limit, in the West Texas wind, with no flags allowed may produce a score near 230, which is FUN !!! Tony is a talent. Seymour Fish

KIDD Rifles

I have called Kidd and they no longer build rifles. They sell all the parts you need to build one yourself. No reason was given for the change in policy.
Anyone have a Kidd for sale? Let me know.

Back